These bars can't hold me - But Why?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Yoda

Jedi Master
Mar 25, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
Created a jail. Used a masked bar texture for the cells. Made them with a brush first. Looked great but couldn't shoot through them, so I used a sheet. I Can shoot through the cells but, I can also walk through them! I tried making a 'Invisable Collision Hull' in front and behind them. Didn't stop me from walking in the cell. I made sure the ICH was not touching the floor or walls or anthing else, just hanging there. Tried 1 sided, tried 2 sided. Tried playing with the brush properties, still nothing. Tried to force 'Solid', again nothing. What am I missing please!

Aridale N. Belmont

Nov 9, 1999
www.hexenworld.com
I believe the ? here is did you try to use a sheet brush for the ICH? If so thats your problem. It doesnt matter what you set a sheet brush to be you'll always be able to pass through it. Sheet Brushes are 2D not 3D and will never EVER EVER stop movers in any case whatsoever. Making sure the ICH doesnt touch anything is a good move on your part keep it that way. But use a brush that is thick enough to make it look like you cant get all up on it. Like a good distance is 8 units thick 1 unit from every surfice. And I just completely blanked out when it came to spelling that word! Anyway. It has to be a real 3D brush that you use for ICHs not sheet brushes.

Ari

Jenkins

America's Greatest Kitten Mitten
Apr 24, 2000
Irving, Tx, USA
jljenkins.cjb.net
Ari is back, ready to take it all on.. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

bullet2.gif

Jenkins