Unreal Tournament runs slow

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

the_mick

Nov 24, 1999
Visit site
Here's my specs:
PII 450
128 MB SDRAM
20.5 GB UDMA66 HDD
nVidia GeForce 256 32 MB graphics card
SB Live! sound card
cable modem

When running UT at 1024x768 32 bit color, My frame counter hovers in the upper teens to low 20's all the time with some stuttering. Things work a bit better in 16 bit color, but still only in the 20's. My question is, are there any known tweaks for UT to help improve framerates without dropping resolution or color depth? How do you access the advanced settings menu from the console? My performance on the GeForce card does not seem to be living up to it's hype. WTF??? Drivers? Unreal engine? Something else?????

I have a PIII 500 128mb RAM and a geforce card and while it really kicks arse with Q3 arena, it has a bit of trouble with Unreal. To give you an example, when I run a time demo on unreal using openGL at 800*600 I average 28 frames, low 8, high 63. I would be interested in hearing how yours performs.