UT2004 Mut No Auto Fire

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sportaçus

Protecting the citizens of Lazytown.
Feb 17, 2009
I just got this mutator because of the cool shield gun colors. When I tested it out in instant action I saw that I could not enter the 'Members Options.' These options include Gold Armour, Rainbow Colors, and Translusent. After that I hosted a private server and logged in as admin but that didn't work either. I even when into the ini. but nothing was mentioned about the 'Members Options.' This is version 1H the most recent one out I believe, and it was obtanined from the pwc gaming site.

Do I need some other mutator to fix this or am I jused ****ed?:(

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
What "Member Options" do you mean? And WTF is this "mut no auto fire" thing you talk about? Google doesn't give any meaningful results, whether I let the parts separate, quote them or put them together.

Sportaçus

Feb 17, 2009
No Autofire 1H-
This is a nice mutator that is a must have for trial servers, it gives you a modified shield gun, bio rifle, and ability to set color to your shield gun. There are other configurable items that you will find handy.

This is the link of where I got it:

http://pwc-gaming.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=809

Sportaçus

Feb 17, 2009
It's the mutator when you open it up in-game. It's mainly found on trial servers.

Fluorescence

Feb 19, 2009
Berkshire, England
MutNoAutoFire is a mutator made by Eliot that was originally intended just to prevent the sheild gun automatically firing, to improve play on sheild jumping maps. It soon developed into custom suicide messages and custom colours for the shield gun and many more functions.

Those extra functions MutNoAutoFire has, (rainbow shieldgun/skins, gold skin during damage and translucent shieldgun) are only accesible by eliot and his friends that he wants to also have it. so give up.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
I think it is the setting or the int lines which do this...if they are configurable they should be configured somehow then and make it appear in menu...

Sportaçus

Feb 17, 2009
Nope Leo was right.

I was able to rewrite the int. Thx;)

Eliot fails, score one for the 15 year old.

SparksterºSanjulo

Mar 28, 2008
MutNoAutoFire is a mutator made by Eliot that was originally intended just to prevent the sheild gun automatically firing, to improve play on sheild jumping maps. It soon developed into custom suicide messages and custom colours for the shield gun and many more functions.

It is also, to my understanding, some kind of hack mod that allows the author to do things on a server that he shoulden't be able to, if the mod is installed on it (Eliot is one of the largest maker of hacks in the trial community, so i definately do believe the "rumors")

Use it wisely, I'm positive it's been used to hack a server before.

Those extra functions MutNoAutoFire has, (rainbow shieldgun/skins, gold skin during damage and translucent shieldgun) are only accesible by eliot and his friends that he wants to also have it. so give up.
Actually, there is a cracked version that lets anyone use the functions, hell, I HAVE one, I have one for his stupid cheesy record mod too, one of his buddies cracked it, he isn't as smart as he thinks he is.

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Nobody beats the **** of the malicious mods that appeared on original Unreal though. I should not even start on it...because this is nothing compared to that but it can eventually involve in some years to something bigger.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Meh, was poking around the files/code and quickly realized "Why the hell am I even bothering with this?"

Tho I did find it funny he stripped out the source code

UTPT can see the stripped code mostly, use that. ;)

Fluorescence

Feb 19, 2009
Berkshire, England
Actually, there is a cracked version that lets anyone use the functions, hell, I HAVE one, I have one for his stupid cheesy record mod too, one of his buddies cracked it, he isn't as smart as he thinks he is.[/QUOTE]

well yes i have a cracked version too , i was merely explaining it for the purpose of the original poster, that without any prior knowledge it was unlikely that the features he wanted could be attained.
Ironically without his 'Cheesy record mod' the trial community would have died years ago and this entire thead wouldnt exist ( as there wouldnt be anyone asking about MNAF for presumable use on a trials server).

SparksterºSanjulo

Mar 28, 2008
Nobody beats the **** of the malicious mods that appeared on original Unreal though. I should not even start on it...because this is nothing compared to that but it can eventually involve in some years to something bigger.
That is really curious actually, I didn't think anybody played that game online, I wonder how bad something's gotta be to be worse than the situation going on in trials.

Ironically without his 'Cheesy record mod' the trial community would have died years ago and this entire thead wouldnt exist ( as there wouldnt be anyone asking about MNAF for presumable use on a trials server).
Funnily enough, I find that his 'Cheesy record mod' is what is slowly choking the trial community to death today, no one ever plays the damn maps for fun aynmore, it's all about recs, recs, recs, being perfect, hacking to hell if you're not perfect and revoting the same damn map for hours on end for the "perfect rec".
It's gotten to a point where a map gets played once, recced and then forgotten about until someone decides to rec it again, the only maps nearly ever played nowadays are those ShieldJump maps, which dosen't make any sense to me at all considering that I would think those are the easiest to hack, people are getting bored of those too and I don't blame them, the maps themselves are pretty boring, they lack theme or anything defining about them at all.

It's like having an entire server full of DM-Cube maps, except in this case its AS-BrincaBox (Brinca meaning "jump", not sure if that is the correct spelling). Not just that, but the fact they don't even play for fun, that gets pretty damn boring after a while I bet.

The list of servers for trials (Active ones) are at an alltime low aswell, the only players left are hackers (Also some of the biggest jerks, I know from experience), followers of the hackers, people who don't care and random people who show up every once and while. 70% of people I used to know on there left long time ago. I already tried sparking some new interest with a few extremely unique maps, but it didn't seem to help any. Nobody wanted to try anything new. It was just recs, recs, recs and ShieldJump maps.

Infact I've seen several cases wheres the hackers would sit and kick people off the serve (The one I'm talking about is the one they later hacked, NOT theirs by any stretch), for... Weeks... So they could have total control of the server and continue reccing.

So conclusion it's not the record mod itself I'm pissed at, although I can say it was probably a leading cause of the problem, it's the ridiculous recfest mentality that came sometime later with it that is screwing everything up. Now at this point I'd be better off making a stand-alone thread about it, or even better "Saving Trials", but right now I'm amazed that someone actually made a thread about it, or this specific mod.

PS. What is the deal with them and the damn ShieldJump maps???

Last edited:

Fluorescence

Feb 19, 2009
Berkshire, England
i do agree completely , and i think you should copy and paste that into a new thread :) but i've stopped playing ut2004 and moved over to the UT99 BunnyTrack community.. you probably think moving to UT99 is a step back but its so much nicer over there and people really dont care about recs. Its sad to see Trials finally reach this stage, where it is practically dead. There are a handful of maps i will miss ( after all the majority were a pile of ****) but UT99 is where it is at now. Whether eliots mod was good or bad for the community, you still have to appreciate the time and effort and individual puts into custom content and back in the days before the best times mod got overdeveloped , it improved trials and it was light hearted and fun, working as a team and having a goal to achieve. it has done more good than bad and without it, it would have died long ago, and definatly alot faster than the overdeveloped, intended-for-recwhoring version killed the community. i dont think it can ever be what it was again. its time to move on unfortunatly.

i agree about the shieldgun maps. i cant do them and they are really boring and ugly, and boring/ugly gives an individual an overwhelming sense of pointlessness in what they are doing. infact i think its these sj maps that enforced the rec mentality and is what caused the downfall of the community.

Sgt.Muffin

PWC-Gaming
Sep 7, 2009
Wisconsin, USA
www.sgtmuffin.com
In latest version of No Auto Fire (V1I_Test5) You can sign in as administrator and then type 'mutate mnaf_AddMember PN' (pn = player number 0 if you're the first person in since map switch, then 1, 2, 3 respectively)

(Sorry about reviving old thread, but I did answer the problem :) )