Some insight...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

geogob

Koohii o nomimasu ka?
YOU SHALL PERISH IN HELL

Good. I like it hot and spicy...

Speaking of spicy things, wallpapers can spice up your desktop's life, so I figured I could make one or two for you :p

The weapon pack 1.5 will not be ready this weekend, for Easter. Too much still to fix and too little testing has been done yet. After this weapon pack, I might have to take a month or two of break due to Real Life™, so I might as well give you something enjoyable until the summer.

Maybe you won't have the Weapon Pack on infiltration this weekend, but why not have it on your desktop!:rolleyes:

Attachments

• IMT_Desktop_04.16_01_1600x1200.JPG
    IMT_Desktop_04.16_01_1600x1200.JPG
    344.2 KB · Views: 56
  • IMT_Desktop_04.16_02_1600x1200.JPG
    IMT_Desktop_04.16_02_1600x1200.JPG
    355.6 KB · Views: 60
Apr 21, 2003
Europe
So:
- Darken the skins FINALLY!
- Creating an AK-74M (based on many parts and complete animations from the AKM).
- Completing a SIG, or Glock pistol in 40S&W (which I allready saw models of on the IMT forums).
- And changing the hipped origin to how you have the MP5A2 allready (which is IMT, and rocks).
...will use up all the coders and stuff in the entire world?

You are right geo, I suck.

randomas

May 24, 2001
Visit site
My hero! The VSS!!! :D

Could you please make sure the sights are visible with the linux screwed up ogl renderers. Pwease, petty pwease!

I'll test if necessary!

Btw i did ca complete clean install for the 1.4 pack and there's nothing to be done. Tryed looking for the modified drivers (Chriss O'what's-his-names) but no luck ...

Last edited:

EGM<NL>E

Jul 14, 2005
enschede-netherlands
chris donhal open gl drivers

you might find them on sourceforge;)
or just type utglr 3.2 in google search there is a link for installing it on linux too

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2003
Europe
@Geogob:
You remember me yelling for hipped weapon origin changes.

My reason is:
The original INF weapons (pre Sentry Studios Bonus Pack) always had a hipped origin, that visually gave you the impression of the weapon beeing really at the hip.
Now the Bonus Pack weapons and the IMT weapons most introduced another hipped origin, something that rather looks like the generic "shouldered weapon far at the right side of the screen" that all games use.

In INF it is visually wrong because of two reasons: First, the weapons aren't shouldered, they are hipped and should reflect that. Second a shouldered weapon position should be more centered to visually feel optimal, not so far at the "generic" right side.

The hipped position in INF is rather meant to be a low held carying position, when you jog over long distances and save stamina (while the aimed position is meant to be the shouldered and aimed position at "once").
The original INF weapons reflect that and to me it "feels" better, or more right to see that, probably that's why I still prefer to use the original INF weapons, because they feel more right.

Byside this I personally would prefer the hipped weapons beeing slightly more centered than the original weapons, because a hipped rifle is still held close to the body.

-----------------------
First attached picture:
The MP5A2 is probably the single IMT weapon that has a hipped looking origin. My only critique would be, that the weapon should be moved more backward, to look like the buttstock is located under the arm.
I personally also would like to see the aimed MP5A2 beeing moved closer to the view, the front sight is to small.

Second attached picture:
Now the original M16A2 hipped weapon is a bit to much at the front, but that doesn't look to wrong, the M4A1 (and the M16A4) looks like it is shouldered with a wrong shouldered position.

Third attached picture:
See how good the arm position is, that holds the foregrip. That is correct.
The HK416 has a totally weird arm position, hopefully that can be fixed too.

-----------------------

I don't know how "easy" it would be to fix, a simple code line that can be copied and pasted, or maybe it is much more complex. Maybe even nobody wants that, except me, or whatever.

Sure the Bonus weapons can't be touched, but at least I hope the IMT stuff can be changed.

Attachments

• MP5-hipped.jpg
    MP5-hipped.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 23
  • M4-M16-hipped.jpg
    M4-M16-hipped.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 22
  • fore-grip.jpg
    fore-grip.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 26

chuckus

Can't stop the bum rush.
Sep 23, 2001
Visit site
I personally feel although the old mp5 position is more correct in the hipped sense, visually it is less appealing, not to mention that special forces while in combat keep their weapon in the shoulder unless sprinting. which is the case in INF. IF anything I think the old weapons should be fixed.

Edit: as much as I hate the way it looks, I tend to agree with the HK416 postiion. The mp5k is much shorter. Generally, your arm won't be the same position as holding a longer weapon like the hk416. (not to mention in the hipped position, there is no such thing as "the right way".)

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2003
Europe
Yes the hipped mode never appealed me either, but as you say in the "hipped sense" it is simply better similar to the MP5/40A3.
If you ask me, from the aesthetical point of view, the hipped weapon positions should be similar like the MP5/40A3 at height, BUT the rearsight should not be visible and the weapon should be slightly more centered.

This hipped origin seems to be made by Duke, while his stuff always was good made, I never could stand this hipped origin, never liked the Bonus Pack origin either.

---

Chuckus, as you say, SF's and soldiers have their weapons at the shoulder, in INF the aimed position is "aimed-shouldered" and "unaimed-shouldered" at once (I always wished it beeing two separate positions).
Only problem occures with the scoped rifles, while in case of the sniper rifles it isn't that bad it is moreso for scoped assault rifles.

The hipped position was always a carrying position to me, that practically could have been a lowready position from the very beginning, if if just would have been made so, but no, someone wanted to be a hipped CQB sniper with the RC50.

---

No matter how far the fore-grip is on the weapon, the left arm is still pretty much held close to the body, even if hipped.

chuckus said:
which is the case in INF. IF anything I think the old weapons should be fixed.
Something I thought always too... untill some aesthetical problems with the IMT weapons caused me to switch back to the originals.
Problem is, that the original INF weapons had varieties I see no point in. The M16A2 is to much at the front, FAMAS is to close to the view (even the IWE is still a bit to close). MP5/40A3 and SIG551 are ok.

I would like to have all original INF weapons beeing replaced by better models and the IMT weapons beeing fixed/optimized.

If you ask me, I would make ALL weapon having the same position. Same distance to the screen for all. Same low held, slightly more centered hipped position for all too.
The unaimed pistoils in 2.9 are UGLY, I found the 2.86 style MUCH better. WTF?

Neabit

Oct 10, 2004
randomas said:
My hero! The VSS!!! :D

Could you please make sure the sights are visible with the linux screwed up ogl renderers. Pwease, petty pwease!

I'll test if necessary!

Btw i did ca complete clean install for the 1.4 pack and there's nothing to be done. Tryed looking for the modified drivers (Chriss O'what's-his-names) but no luck ...
Chris' OpenGLDrv for Linux

randomas

May 24, 2001
Visit site
Woha! Halleluja brothers and sisters! We has an updated Ogl for ut linux!!! I've been looking this all over, ok so I could have looked harder, but on the home page I only found links for the source code (which I dled and put in the I'll try this later folder)...

Unfortunately this does not solve my problems i.e. the acog and Barret scoaps don't render properly.

Could someone add that renderer to one of the stickied threads.

Thanks!

Corporal_Lib [BR]

Brazilian Graphic Designer & Gun Nut {=)
I had enough candy for Easter, so I can wait a week or so for WP 1.5 (and the couple of months hiatus betwen Wp1.5 and 1.6 is better than "almost 1 year" histus between Wp1.2 and Wp1.3), but the question remais:

That binocs next to VSS is just a deco, or is it going to make it to this WP???

Are you givin´all the gold or are there any surprise left for this release??? XD

chuckus

Can't stop the bum rush.
Sep 23, 2001
Visit site
If you ask me, I would make ALL weapon having the same position. Same distance to the screen for all. Same low held, slightly more centered hipped position for all too.
The unaimed pistoils in 2.9 are UGLY, I found the 2.86 style MUCH better. WTF?

I agree for most but I think the 2.9 pistols look great IMHO. But that's just preferance. Really I think the position of unaimed weapons is mostly aesthetic and not central to gameplay and since INF is never going to go gold they probably will never be addressed so I don't worry about it too much. I just think in my mind that's how INF guy likes to do it. :D