Mother of all BS

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

geogob

Koohii o nomimasu ka?
I'm officially taking over bulletsounds4 from yurch. With the help of NTKB and any other serious beta testers willing to help I hope to get this into a "stable" state asap.

As I’m taking over this project, it will be renamed Real Tragets or, to be more precise, "Real Targets with Tracers" because the tracer part will stay in.

My primary objective would be to get the detection as accurate as possible for all static positions. Animation will probably never be correctly covered by Real Targets unless wake up one morning with some mystical solution... so don't ask.

The next objective will be to add "critical" spots detection, just like the head. That would be something like the heart. It's all to be determined and, over everything else, I have to see if that's even possible (my first impression tells me yes).

Then, when that is all looking nice, I'll consider further additions... NT already suggested more tracer type.

Anyway, RealTargets version 1 is already compiled. It's basically Bulletsouds4 with only a few minor modifications. The first public release will get out as soon as we actually get something fixed *wink*

P.S. No, yipyip, I won't call it MOABS... ;)

A big thanks to [101st]_Blitzschlag for the European mirrors

--------------------------------------------------
| Public Beta release 3 (version 1.1.0b) (28.09.2004 18:15 EST) [CAN]
| Readme: RealTargets_beta_28.09.2004.pdf
|Mirror 1 [DE]
| Public Beta release 2 (version 1.0.2b) (22.09.2004 01:25 EST) [CAN]
| Readme: RealTargets_beta_21.09.2004.pdf
| Mirror 1 [DE]
| Public Beta release 1 (version 1.0b) (17.09.2004 03:36 EST) [CAN]
| Mirror 1 [DE]

Last edited:

zeep

:(
Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
I compliment you fine gentlemen on this project. I was impressed by your thorough research at first already. Geo, NT , Godspeed.

Any chance of separating the bulletsounds/tracers from the damage system? This is like the 3rd time i ask this. Wouldn't it be easier to edit / compile if the bs was separate?

Anyway, will gladly see MOABS released!

shan

www.clanterritory.com
Jan 29, 2000
Portland, OR
www.clanterritory.com
How difficult is it to just delete the two files from your system dir? My suggestion would be to DL them from the server so they are sitting in cache and they will expire out eventually.

geogob

Koohii o nomimasu ka?
Vega-don said:
add a little jogging strafe inertia like in old rav2 and it'll be perfect

As yurch already explained, to do that you have to expand the player classes. RealTargets does not do that, but RAv3 does. Personnaly, I don't want to start playing around with the player classes right now because it has many implications/possible conflicts.

If there ever is such a feature made my be it will be in an entire different mutator.

Cleeus[JgKdo said:
]Please introduce a version numbering system, so that there won't be version mismatches.

no. using version names is not as easy as renaming a file. It took me a lot of work to rename bulletsound4 to RealTargets. Doing this on every release is not something I want to do. Furthermore I'm using CVS for version control on my side. If I start renaming ****, CVS still can work but it becomes more a chore than anything usefull. sorry.

zeep said:
I compliment you fine gentlemen on this project. I was impressed by your thorough research at first already. Geo, NT , Godspeed.

Any chance of separating the bulletsounds/tracers from the damage system? This is like the 3rd time i ask this. Wouldn't it be easier to edit / compile if the bs was separate?

thx zeep. As for the bullets/tracers I'll see if I can get this separated easily. But since it's all working, not giving any problems, i'm not sure yet if I'm going to do that.

zeep said:
Anyway, will gladly see MOABS released!

it's called RealTargets :p

gal-z said:
If you do that, please include an optional "installer" that will delete older versions as well.

I'll do a detailled installation procedure in the Readme you won't read anyway. Should I also add explanation on how to power up your pc? :p

shan said:
How difficult is it to just delete the two files from your system dir? My suggestion would be to DL them from the server so they are sitting in cache and they will expire out eventually.

yes. but it will still be available for offline players.

(SDS)benmcl

Why not visit us here in the real world.
May 13, 2002
Visit site
Then you have buggers like me that set their cache never to expire and manually do everything.

Very nice work guys. Thanks for working to get one of my favorite tactics back in game.

geogob

Koohii o nomimasu ka?
Lich also reported me a "sefl hit" problem. I will also look into that.

Since I have yet to observe this problem, If you ever experience it, please take not of the following informations for me... this would be very very helpfull.

- stance
- movement (if any)
- weapon used
- proximity to a wall or any objects
- approx. aiming direction

Danke!

cracwhore

I'm a video game review site...
Oct 3, 2003
Visit site
I can show you the self-hit thing when you're online geo. Ask Odie to put the shooting range map onto the GD server and I'll show you it.

- Lich -

Jul 1, 2004
Well, self hits: As said, happen most times when u are close to some map geometry. If you want to experience it: Activate micro bulk mutator, take a p90 with silencer (this problem is not related to this gun, but seems to happen more often here), lean around some corner on a map while crouched or prone, type slomo 10 in the console, and open fire. I am playing a lot offline, and there is nearly no day where I do not shot myself.
(Weapons used most: Famas and Sig, but problem is not dependant on special weapons, but a P90 seems to be very dangered for it; no movement (...this happens leaned only, so...))

Bitte.

Blitzschlag

Aug 20, 2003
Good old Axis (Germany)
www.101st.here.de
geogob said:
Lich also reported me a "sefl hit" problem. I will also look into that.

Since I have yet to observe this problem, If you ever experience it, please take not of the following informations for me... this would be very very helpfull.

- stance
- movement (if any)
- weapon used
- proximity to a wall or any objects
- approx. aiming direction

Danke!

How could i i dont have this mutator!
;)

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
Something we wanted to try was putting an adjustable-radii spinal column in. Since something like the 7.62x51mm rounds have a fair amount more kinetic energy to them, they would be more likely to traumatize the spine from further away. (depending, of course, on who you ask about ballistic wounding...) Hence you can give weapons like the PSG a greater spine 'radius', 5.56 weapons a smaller one, and pistols and subguns smaller still.

Effectively this ends the debate for two/one hit kills for weapons like the PSG (it will be two hit, with the largest one-hit-kill area), and gives all weapons at least a slight chance of killing center mass.

Last edited:

salad

Dallas Tosses Salads
Oct 23, 2003
www.dallastossessalads.com
When I saw this thread title I thought for sure it would be a collection of Logan6 posts. I lucked out anyway, since it looks like a great mutator!

How well does it handle the hitbox issue around the head where the head is shifted forward from the actual hitbox? From what I have read here it looks like it only works on refining the existing hitbox, is that correct? Can you refine it further by placing spheres inside of spheres to model heart and lungs? Just curious, and thanks for the hard work guys.