disturbingly differing dynamic displacement damage system of differentiatable doom

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

jayhova

Don't hate me because I'm pretty
Feb 19, 2002
Houston Texas
www.flex.net
I had kind of a wierd idea of how to implement climbing. The problem I see in getting climb to work is that first you must determain if there is something to climb and then you must determain if the object is climbable. My solution to this to have a sort of detection object. the detection object would be invisible and would be activated by the spacebar. The way it would work is this: the detection object moves out from you to see if there is something in front of you. If there is nothing infront of you the climb sequence ends. If there is, it then moves up and tries to move forward until it can thus determaining the height of the climbable object. The player then appears where the detection object is and stands up. Ta da.

Alternate ideas: have the detect object jump like the players do now and have the player move to where the object lands. Change the height of the detection object so that the player may crawl up into tight spaces like vents, windows, etc. Introduce varibles like max climb height and climb speed. You could just have an invisible ladder smack into the object in front of the player and use the existing ladder code.

Last edited:

OpFor

Feeling suicide, thats O.K.
Apr 26, 2001
Visit site
Yeah, yurch. Fix prone lean and get RAv3 in a releaseable state. Damn man, we are dying out there. :(

NTKB

Banned
Aug 25, 2001
New Jersey, U.S.A.
I havnt seen Yurch in like 2 weeks... :( I hope he didnt lose his creative drive again. YURCH! Get on TS and play INF tonight man. That way after I pwn you by run and gunning you get pissed enough to finish RAv3 :lol:

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
I'm quite distracted these few weeks. On top of it my ISP is going down for 12 hour intervals. I'd like to get BS4 cleaned up some more, but RAv3 is really too big a project to ever be called 'finished'.
The once-a-week approach has definately failed, though.

(SDS)benmcl

Why not visit us here in the real world.
May 13, 2002
Visit site
Fully understandably and I am certainly glad you are willing to spend time to make our INF time more enjoyable. You can only do the best you can and so far it has been amazing.

Thanks.

shan

www.clanterritory.com
Jan 29, 2000
Portland, OR
www.clanterritory.com
Hey Yurch, how about you let me run Rav3 full time on my DTAS server? I can put a message on stating it is in BETA but, as long as there are no showstopping bugs, I can keep it up all the time so there should be plenty of people to report issues to you.

Let me know if you would be willing.

Shan

NTKB

Banned
Aug 25, 2001
New Jersey, U.S.A.
Thats a bold move. Im sure you will get lots of whining and there are major scope bugs, not to mention many of the guns wont work, like the weapons pack guns IIRC what yurch said. Its not even a beta really, its still in Alpha stages. Really REALLY buggy and incomplete. I too though would love to see a nice clean beta version soon, just keep fingers crossed. What I do suggest Shan is maybe running RAv3 like one day a week to debug it.

jayhova

Don't hate me because I'm pretty
Feb 19, 2002
Houston Texas
www.flex.net
The problem with being a coding god yurch is that your stuff is so cool you drive up demand.

BTW, I had an idea for your aiming mutator. I really liked the way if you held a rifle for a while in TTR it would sink down so that you would have to re-aim. I'd like to see that implemented in your DDDDDSDD in the unsupported modes of aim like standing and croutched leaning.

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
shan said:
Hey Yurch, how about you let me run Rav3 full time on my DTAS server? I can put a message on stating it is in BETA but, as long as there are no showstopping bugs, I can keep it up all the time so there should be plenty of people to report issues to you.

Let me know if you would be willing.

Shan
Go for it. I don't think I need to worry about politics anymore. A warning though, my 'development' as of late is far slower than the other coders. I've bitten off entirely too much to chew as it is, and to think I had five projects planned to the three existing ones out now. Expect long delays and probably alot of unfixed bugs. :hmm:

shan

www.clanterritory.com
Jan 29, 2000
Portland, OR
www.clanterritory.com
I think I will play around with it some on a private server and see how it works. Now that I have Yurch's approval, it will really come down to what bugs are there and how serious they are.

ant75

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Jan 11, 2001
Paris
Btw what's wrong with prone lean and bs4 ? I was told yesterday that is was bugged, can it be fixed ?

- Lich -

Jul 1, 2004
ant75 said:
Btw what's wrong with prone lean and bs4 ? I was told yesterday that is was bugged, can it be fixed ?

The problem is that bullets sometimes go through your own hit actor while leaned / crouched or leaned / prone (most times when close to some map geometry), so you hit and injure yourself with these. Can it be fixed, well, I'd say sure, but .... how to, is the problem. Yurch could delete some hit actors, but the system would get inaccurate then, thats not what we want I think. Hope he finds a way...

ant75

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Jan 11, 2001
Paris
So the bug can only be unfair to yourself, right ? Cause yesterday i was asked not to prone lean, as if it was impossible to hit me in that position.

- Lich -

Jul 1, 2004
Well, never heard of this (impossible to be hit thingy). It may be hard, and like some people aim out there, it can feel like being impossible, but I think thats their fault, not the muti's one. Someone correct me if I am wrong here (since most of my BS4 experience is vs. bots, and they do not lean...).