ParticleEmitter warmup - how?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
According to the UDN, you can make an emitter look as if it's already been going awhile when your map starts.
so for example, my steam doesn't look like it's just started to players who spawn next to it -- i'd like a full plume rather than a few wisps that take a few seconds to get going.

The question is -- how do I do it? I've set RelativeWarmupTime but it still looks the same as before

JonAzz

UA Mapper
Aug 1, 2003
North of Philadelphia
Ok I made a map with a test emitter of it in it check it out.

Code:
ReletiveWarmupTime=1.0
WarmUpTicksPerSecond=2.0

Particles=18

depending on the particle count the hight 'WarmUpTicksPerSecond' will need to be.

Edit: forgot map attachment :eek:

Attachments

• warmuptest.zip
    4.4 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

JonAzz

UA Mapper
Aug 1, 2003
North of Philadelphia
tarquin said:
I don't see a setting called "Particles". I'm using MaxParticles -- will that work?
I ment the particles being spawned in the spawn amount thingy, sorry bout that.

glad you got it working, anytime :)
did the example map help?

JonAzz

UA Mapper
Aug 1, 2003
North of Philadelphia
I really should write up some wiki tutorials, especialy with particles I can do jsut a bout anything with them (after making 30 some explosion emitters for my mod...)

:D

Tarquin: you still looking for that mist texture?

Attachments

• mist01a.zip
    4.7 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
Bah, I ended up using another mist texture I found in one of the standard packages.
The way that UDN tutorial was written, it sounded like it was a standard UT2003 texture they were using, but just didn;t bother saying where to find it.

You'd be very welcome to write material on the wiki :) I'm slowly building up a "cookbook" page of separate elements that can be combined -- eg different types of location, as that's what I've mastered so far :)