BeyondUnreal Forums

BeyondUnreal Forums (http://forums.beyondunreal.com/index.php)
-   Games (http://forums.beyondunreal.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Borderlands 2 (http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=196256)

Mozi 3rd Aug 2011 10:21 AM

Borderlands 2
 
BAM! http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...0-3458572.aspx

shoptroll 3rd Aug 2011 10:39 AM

Hell yes.

Sir_Brizz 3rd Aug 2011 11:11 AM

Holy **** yes! :D Borderlands one of my favorite games of ALL TIME!

Vaskadar 3rd Aug 2011 11:29 AM

Thanks Mozi!

FlashIV 3rd Aug 2011 12:37 PM

Excellent

funkblast 3rd Aug 2011 01:29 PM

buyin dis.

also Lilith and rape bird damn well better be in the game

Kyllian 3rd Aug 2011 02:04 PM

Ooo, minigun
Is that a were-skag in the background?
Quote:

and an improved mission system capable of delivering a better story
I hope so, it got old having to tool all over the place, going to do one mission only to realize another was back by the previous one you finished

Wishful thinking here, but I'm hoping they include some kind of gunsmithing element this time around.

Capt.Toilet 3rd Aug 2011 02:16 PM

First Borderlands was great fun and a blast coop. Got pretty boring starting over with a new character for the 10th time but that is expected.

Please for the love of god if you guys pimp the guns again make sure to actually include variety this time. Do not state a million guns available if it is only a dozen guns with 900,000 different stat combinations.

SlayerDragon 3rd Aug 2011 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt.Toilet (Post 2528595)
First Borderlands was great fun and a blast coop. Got pretty boring starting over with a new character for the 10th time but that is expected.

Please for the love of god if you guys pimp the guns again make sure to actually include variety this time. Do not state a million guns available if it is only a dozen guns with 900,000 different stat combinations.

Basically this


Quote:

Originally Posted by funkblast (Post 2528589)
buyin dis.

also Lilith and rape bird damn well better be in the game

and this

Kyllian 3rd Aug 2011 03:16 PM

Not surprisingly there's a rather heated debate going on about the idea of guncraft/smithing in BL2
Many of those for it are offering ideas on how it could fit in with looting and most of those against would rather eat glass and screech it would kill looting no matter what

xMurphyx 3rd Aug 2011 03:24 PM

Na, crafting/smithing/whatever would be great for Borderlands! I always thought this while playing it. The "collect pieces of a weapon to get that weapon as quest-reward" missions were a tease towards that end, imo.

I'm glad Borderlands 2 is coming. Loved the first one a lot. A lot more than I thought I would, tbh.

Kyllian 3rd Aug 2011 03:34 PM

Seriously, a lot of people wanting craft/smithing are offering up ideas on how to keep looting as something viable whereas the anti-craft/smithers just screech it'll ruin looting without anything to back up their statement

Sjosz 3rd Aug 2011 04:00 PM

Here's to hoping for more dungeon crawling and a better narrative! :)

SlayerDragon 4th Aug 2011 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xMurphyx (Post 2528607)
Na, crafting/smithing/whatever would be great for Borderlands! I always thought this while playing it. The "collect pieces of a weapon to get that weapon as quest-reward" missions were a tease towards that end, imo.

Crafting is gay as **** and barely even belongs in MMOs where it is literally just a means to keep you paying money month to month. You are retarded and your opinion is wrong.

Plumb_Drumb 4th Aug 2011 01:08 AM

jeez, what's with the insults lately? Or did my time off just get me a bit more straight?

Agent_5 4th Aug 2011 01:21 AM

After five minutes of thought on the issue, I think that I'd prefer a weapon modification system like STALKER rather than a crafting system like Diablo 2/MMOs. Crafting tends to require you to farm an area in order to get one part for a recipe, while modification only requires you to have a suitable gun and a wad of cash.

In the end, I think I'd like Gearbox to first work on better drop/loot tables before they think about implementing a new system that could be unbalanced or broken.

shoptroll 4th Aug 2011 11:00 AM

I'm fine with gun mods or a crafting system. D2's system wasn't that complex, most recipes were basically weapon/armor + gem/rune/jewel. Even something simple like TF2 would be fine.

Although if it were to be something like an MMO... I'd much rather be able to break down the guns into their individual components, like stock, barrel, sight, etc. and mix n' match them as I see fit.

xMurphyx 4th Aug 2011 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlayerDragon (Post 2528679)
Crafting is gay as **** and barely even belongs in MMOs where it is literally just a means to keep you paying money month to month. You are retarded and your opinion is wrong.

"Crafting" isn't even a descriptive enough term to make such a statement even if it did make sense at all.

Kyllian 4th Aug 2011 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agent_5 (Post 2528688)
Crafting tends to require you to farm an area in order to get one part for a recipe

Isn't that what people are already doing?
Craw runs, Farmory, etc
People are already going back to the same area over and over trying to get good stuff

Agent_5 4th Aug 2011 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyllian (Post 2528758)
Isn't that what people are already doing?
Craw runs, Farmory, etc
People are already going back to the same area over and over trying to get good stuff

True enough, but the farming examples you mention give immediate results. A crafting system would most likely add more steps to the process.

I'm not necessarily opposed to the idea of crafting, but I would want it to be well implemented. Considering the complexity of modern game development, I'd rather have Gearbox focus their energy on optimizing the existing gameplay mechanics before adding another system that may or may not work well.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Copyright ©1998 - 2012, BeyondUnreal, Inc.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
Bandwidth provided by AtomicGamer