BeyondUnreal Forums

BeyondUnreal Forums (http://forums.beyondunreal.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forums.beyondunreal.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   So I have this numb feeling on my foot (http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=146142)

GeneticFreak 28th Sep 2004 12:12 PM

So I have this numb feeling on my foot

For a couple of weeks I've been having this numb feeling on the right side of my right foot, from my pinky toe down to my heel. You know that feeling like a thousand ants are crawling on it, same feeling you get when you sit on your leg or sleep on your arms for too long. But I get this numb no matter when. Any idea why?

PsychoMoggieBagpuss 28th Sep 2004 12:30 PM

Trapped nerve in the ankle.

I had the same with my left hand (specifically the left side of my palm, little finger and half of the one next to it).
It was caused by a nerve being stretched across the "funneh" bone in my elbow (the sticky out bit).
Had an operation and they saw that off.
First thing to do would be acupunture, followed by a visit to the doctor where they will hook you up to electricity and measure the resistance between two points to see if the nerve is trapped at all.

Zur 28th Sep 2004 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PsychoMoggieBagpuss

Either that or you've hurt your back. It's definitely linked to a nerve being stuck or damaged, though. I had the test that PsychoMoggieBagpuss describes done to my left to evaluate how bad the trapped sciatic nerve was in my left leg.

You see, I had an accident that affected my back a fe years ago and had trouble even walking at a slow pace because of pai. It's subsided now but doctors do ask if you're experiencing a tingling feeling just in case some damage is occuring and an operation is needed.

GeneticFreak 28th Sep 2004 01:24 PM

Eugh I hope its not that seriouse, I dont want to operate anything. Imagine the cost.

_Zd_Phoenix_ 28th Sep 2004 02:07 PM

Always best to see a doc if ure unsure. Concentrate on health first, cost later.

TossMonkey 28th Sep 2004 03:20 PM

Have any other health problems? I know that diabetics can lose feelings in limbs, it's a bad sign too.

GeneticFreak 28th Sep 2004 03:32 PM

Not that I know of, I'm lazy to do health check up since that means I got to like stop eating since the night before and get up early in the morning to do tests then eat and come back several hours later.

[edit] oh who am I lying to, mostly was because I'm afraid of what might show up...

BillyBadAss 28th Sep 2004 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fearless
Either that or you've hurt your back. It's definitely linked to a nerve being stuck or damaged, though. I had the test that PsychoMoggieBagpuss describes done to my left to evaluate how bad the trapped sciatic nerve was in my left leg.

You see, I had an accident that affected my back a fe years ago and had trouble even walking at a slow pace because of pai. It's subsided now but doctors do ask if you're experiencing a tingling feeling just in case some damage is occuring and an operation is needed.

I had the same problem I ****ed it up in 96 really had and had to have surgery to fix my back. I had a a pinched sciatic nerver in my left side. I then last year i had to have surgery again because i pinched the other one at the disc just before it.:( Everything is corrected now, but this is something you don't want to let go because it will cause irreversable nerve damage, and cause you to have a gimp leg. Go to the doctor and find out what it is . Do you have medical insurance of some kind?

Kaligraphic 29th Sep 2004 07:21 AM

Quote:

It was caused by a nerve being stretched across the "funneh" bone in my elbow (the sticky out bit).

They... sawed off... the funny bone? So you're an amputee? (don't let Man_The_Sam find out)

PsychoMoggieBagpuss 29th Sep 2004 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeneticFreak
Not that I know of, I'm lazy to do health check up since that means I got to like stop eating since the night before and get up early in the morning to do tests then eat and come back several hours later.

[edit] oh who am I lying to, mostly was because I'm afraid of what might show up...

Dude, if you leave it thres a chance that it will become permanent or worse.
Is it definately just your foot or is it part of your leg as well?
If its just your foot its more than likely to be a trapped nerve in the ankle.
Go see the doctor and go get some acupuncture (didn't work that great for me but it did for my friend who had a trapped nerve in his knee)

sweeny 29th Sep 2004 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeneticFreak

was this following the rule that what you dont know carnt halm you

"dude where is your foot" "shut up, shut up i do have a foot i do

BillyBadAss 29th Sep 2004 02:06 PM

Quote:

Dude, if you leave it thres a chance that it will become permanent or worse.
Is it definately just your foot or is it part of your leg as well?
If its just your foot its more than likely to be a trapped nerve in the ankle.
Go see the doctor and go get some acupuncture (didn't work that great for me but it did for my friend who had a trapped nerve in his knee)

Both times I had the same symptoms in my foot. It was a pinched syatic nerve at my spine. You don't want to let it go, or it will be damaged, and you will never walk normal again.

phatcat 29th Sep 2004 02:39 PM

Quote:

I had the same with my left hand (specifically the left side of my palm, little finger and half of the one next to it).
First thing to do would be acupunture, followed by a visit to the doctor where they will hook you up to electricity and measure the resistance between two points to see if the nerve is trapped at all.

BUGGER >_<
thats the same thing I"m having.
my left hand at the pinky.
damnit, I don't want to have an operation :(

Renegade Retard 29th Sep 2004 03:04 PM

It could be an alignment problem in your back and/or leg, or a structural problem in your foot. Both of which can be fixed with such things as physical therapy or orthopedic insoles.

Bottom line - the numbness could be caused from just about anything. See your doctor. It's probably not as bad as you fear.

Heck, it could even be something simple as the type of shoe you wear or hobbies that you do. I had numbness in my foot for about a month before I figured out that it was due to my soccer boots. I just changed the way I was lacing them up, and the problem went away.

Euphoric Beaver 29th Sep 2004 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phatcat
BUGGER >_<
thats the same thing I"m having.
my left hand at the pinky.
damnit, I don't want to have an operation :(

Hmm... me too, though I always presumed it's because I use my mouse at weird postures.