It lives...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

xts-sparky

Nov 12, 2014
As far as weapons go I didn't notice anything other than the primary shock strength and sniper strength. As for combos i meant I think you can fire more than three and all balls will keep flying but only 3 explode. Back in the dsy (1.4pa) only the most recent three balls stayed alive. I could be wrong, it is something I thought I noticed but put no thought into. Didn't really matter to me.

As for all of the changes to pickups/power ups I honestly didn't notice because it's been so long. I just took it as normal. My mindless boot whoring is actually very strategic :). They are my favorite tool/pickup in EO hands down . So much so that I disabled normal jumping so I don't accidentally waste the boots if I jump in a gunfight. It's hurt a few times where the altitude would help but overall having the boots longer is all I care about. Shield and armor are great but when playing offense a good pair of boots goes a long way.

I'm fine with the version you did and have running. Please don't take offense to my noticing certain differences (and not others) - it's been many years since I was playing EO. Most things I take as normal. I only "questioned" version 2.0 because I never remember seeing it before and I distinctly remembered the wide used version as being 1.4pa. I'm more than happy with what we have not only because you've supplied a server but because it's just plain fun. Whether you change things or not I'm enjoying the ride.

also the impact hammer explosion has confused me for weeks. I only noticed yesterday that it was the reason for me seeing random "redeemer" explosions over the last few weeks and I have no idea how to do it.

Sorry for terrible spelling or grammar, typing on my phone, it's late, and beer. Mmmm... beer
<3

Rip

Nov 12, 2014
As far as weapons go I didn't notice anything other than the primary shock strength and sniper strength. As for combos i meant I think you can fire more than three and all balls will keep flying but only 3 explode. Back in the dsy (1.4pa) only the most recent three balls stayed alive. I could be wrong, it is something I thought I noticed but put no thought into. Didn't really matter to me.

As for all of the changes to pickups/power ups I honestly didn't notice because it's been so long. I just took it as normal. My mindless boot whoring is actually very strategic :). They are my favorite tool/pickup in EO hands down . So much so that I disabled normal jumping so I don't accidentally waste the boots if I jump in a gunfight. It's hurt a few times where the altitude would help but overall having the boots longer is all I care about. Shield and armor are great but when playing offense a good pair of boots goes a long way.

I'm fine with the version you did and have running. Please don't take offense to my noticing certain differences (and not others) - it's been many years since I was playing EO. Most things I take as normal. I only "questioned" version 2.0 because I never remember seeing it before and I distinctly remembered the wide used version as being 1.4pa. I'm more than happy with what we have not only because you've supplied a server but because it's just plain fun. Whether you change things or not I'm enjoying the ride.

also the impact hammer explosion has confused me for weeks. I only noticed yesterday that it was the reason for me seeing random "redeemer" explosions over the last few weeks and I have no idea how to do it.

Sorry for terrible spelling or grammar, typing on my phone, it's late, and beer. Mmmm... beer
<3

Oh, I was just teasing you Sparky, and using your lack of intimate knowledge as an excuse to go listing everything it does, and think on it hard enough to recall it for myself. ;-)

But LOL - that was the reason for your mushroom cloud hallucinations? :-D And you still have no idea how to do it? Hehe. Just hold down the primary of Impact Hammer long enough and you'll find out. ;-)

I'm actually decompiling my/Sonic's EO right now and and after doing THAT, it's extremely easy to find all the relevant areas in the code and change them. Assuming I can recompile it into a working version afterward, it's easy as pie to make every single change I want. Interesting..... Hehe.

I didn't realize Dagger had coded his EO his Shock limitation that way...... that has far more intricacy than Sonic's quick method. Not realistic though - oh, what am I saying, lol.

xts-sparky

Nov 12, 2014
Had fun last night with MÆST, Rip, and Rah. Used OBS to record 4 matches. Quality is bleh. Need to tweak. Could also just be the machine.

Rip

Nov 12, 2014
Had fun last night with MÆST, Rip, and Rah. Used OBS to record 4 matches. Quality is bleh. Need to tweak. Could also just be the machine.

Aw you recorded our ownage but with shitty quality?! OBS starts off with performance settings. You have to make it quality settings. Use Game Capture. Set quality to 10, Bitrate to above 8K at least (Osk has his set to 25K?), Bitrate is how much your computer can handle but as UT is such an old game you should be able to handle a lot with it so I'd start at 10K with a test, monitor performance, bump it up by 2K degrees, I've had mine at 16K for a newer game. The bitrate has a huge impact on quality. So set to 10, bump Bitrate, and lastly turn off the downscale to 720 and tell it to keep the file output at your monitor res. Few other things, you can find a tutorial, but with that you should be good. :)

Last edited:

oskeno

Nov 12, 2014
I use nvidia nvenc. The manual quality settings makes my game stutter which is impossible to record and play at the same time. I will post my setup when I get home tonight.

Edit: No quality is lost between manual and nvenc capture by the way.

xts-sparky

Nov 12, 2014
Aw you recorded our ownage but with shitty quality?! OBS starts off with performance settings. You have to make it quality settings. Use Game Capture. Set quality to 10, Bitrate to above 8K at least (Osk has his set to 25K?), Bitrate is how much your computer can handle but as UT is such an old game you should be able to handle a lot with it so I'd start at 10K with a test, monitor performance, bump it up by 2K degrees, I've had mine at 16K for a newer game. The bitrate has a huge impact on quality. So set to 10, bump Bitrate, and lastly turn off the downscale to 720 and tell it to keep the file output at your monitor res. Few other things, you can find a tutorial, but with that you should be good. :)
:shock: Yes, but I also have the demorec files from each game so I can get some better quality versions :lol:

My laptops screen resolution is only 1366x768 so as it is I am limited to that resolution. I think if I plug in an HD monitor I can get a better resolution. I have a 1080p monitor but didn't want to deal with the hassle of setting it up on my kitchen table :)lol:) when I play.

I'll tinker with the settings as you recommended. I have the bitrate set to 1000 kb/s. I'll crank it up to 10k and see how it goes.

I use nvidia nvenc. The manual quality settings makes my game stutter which is impossible to record and play at the same time. I will post my setup when I get home tonight.

Edit: No quality is lost between manual and nvenc capture by the way.

Intel built-in video card :p
I saw a guide on the OBS site that I think touches on recording 1080p @ 60fps using just that. I'll take a look at it when I have a chance and see if it is useful.

oskeno

Nov 12, 2014
:shock: Yes, but I also have the demorec files from each game so I can get some better quality versions :lol:

My laptops screen resolution is only 1366x768 so as it is I am limited to that resolution. I think if I plug in an HD monitor I can get a better resolution. I have a 1080p monitor but didn't want to deal with the hassle of setting it up on my kitchen table :)lol:) when I play.

I'll tinker with the settings as you recommended. I have the bitrate set to 1000 kb/s. I'll crank it up to 10k and see how it goes.

Intel built-in video card :p
I saw a guide on the OBS site that I think touches on recording 1080p @ 60fps using just that. I'll take a look at it when I have a chance and see if it is useful.

Laptop specs?

xts-sparky

Nov 12, 2014
By the way, rip and maest, I watched the [terrible quality] video of the K_Lined 1v1 of maest and I to review exactly how off I was when I xloc'd out of my base after thinking I capped the flag. I wasn't even close. I returned my flag and was several steps away and just started going. I must have thought at the time that I touched flags so I was good. When I did that vs OSK I at least was very close to the flag and just got a bit ahead of myself.

Here's a crappy screen shot of where I was when I returned my flag and left my base thinking I capped. You know that base. I wasn't even close.
bMy8ydm.png

xts-sparky

Nov 12, 2014
Laptop specs?

Win 7 x64
Intel i5 2.5ghz cpu
8 GB ram

[edit] - Intel HD Graphics 4000 integrated vid card

Run of the mill laptop not intended for gaming. Fortunately it blows my old UT PCs out of the water :lol::lol:

Last edited:

oskeno

Nov 12, 2014
Win 7 x64
Intel i5 2.5ghz cpu
8 GB ram

Run of the mill laptop not intended for gaming. Fortunately it blows my old UT PCs out of the water :lol::lol:

Do you know the non-integrated graphics? I'm guessing 400 - 500 series? If you have updated nvidia drivers you can go to NVidia GeForce Experience, click on the My Rig tab and it will tell you your GPU.

Also, time for a real upgrade imho :)

Last edited:

xts-sparky

Nov 12, 2014
Do you know the integrated graphics? I'm guessing 400 - 500 series? If you have updated nvidia drivers you can go to NVidia GeForce Experience, click on the My Rig tab and it will tell you your GPU.

I added the graphics info right after posting. Intel 4000

xts-sparky

Nov 12, 2014

Looks like that guide is for using the integrated chip in addition to another vid card

xts-sparky

Nov 12, 2014

I really have no need these days for anything more than ordinary. I don't game (exception being a recent reboot of a 15 year old game :D) nor do I do any other resource intensive work that needs anything more than what I've got. :eek: