Friday Night FragBU?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I'm thinking of setting up a UT2004 server to do friday night FragBU. If I did, what would people want on it that would get them to put aside a few hours once a week to come play with others from the forum? I'm open to any and all things, even UTcomp and all sorts of gametypes, map packs, mods, whatever.

Right now, I'm thinking:

10 player private server
UTcomp with newnet on
Jailbreak
All CBPs

Would people show up for this or would it be dead?

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
I would occasionally if I'm not busy, despite never really showing my face in IRC or anything.

For what it's worth, I'd like to see TDM or TAM. I was really into the Assault scene but I figure that wont be too popular here.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
We used to do Assault, and I have no problem making that an option on this server. I was thinking of TAM but I know several people here hated TAM before and quit the server whenever it was voted in.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Primarily because it is UT. What other games would you suggest? I have nothing against more modern games, I just couldn't think of one that a lot of people here actually play.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Depending on how much sleep I get during that day I may or may not be able to play. I work midnights on Friday so it could be a little rough.

gopostal

Jan 19, 2006
JB is a hell of a fun mod if you can get a handful of players to commit. AS is good too but it's just so dependent on using good maps and the best players making sure to go to opposing teams.
Brizz I have redirect if you need it and I'd surely be on board with some JB play.

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
BTW Bruzz, I played some 2k4 a while ago and while it was fun for me back then, it's no where close to being fun now. I'm not sad about being super rusty, that tends to happen when you haven't played a game since before ut3 but blech, midget men and shock tape, it all came back like a bad rash. I think it was fun at the time but it's just not the same tbh. Pew pew pew

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
We should all play Chivalry: Medieval Warfare on a private server. Lulz will be had.

[M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=zr_Hq3kjz-k#t=6s[/M]

Last edited: