Elder Scrolls: Skyrim [DARGONS EDITION]

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
Anyone else having trouble finding those last crimson ninroots in Blackreach? I have 26 of the little bastards and can't find the last four for the life of me. I could be sprawling the wintery countryside punching dragons in the face but instead I'm spending way too much time underground collecting flowers.
This one took me a bit but mainly because how long it takes to walk around Blackreach. You have to be methodic with the area you cover even though it's rather hard to break up Blackreach into sections. Make sure you check some of the small ruins behind doors that are inside Blackreach itself. The trickiest spots in my opinion was one that was in a room with water and you had to swim to unlock an underwater door blocking it. There's also a large body of water near the perimeter of Blackreach that I had to swim around in to reach one that isn't near any kind of path like most of the others. Wouldn't sweat over it though, It's not critical to the main quest and it just gives you a permanent active effect after completing the quest:
"A 25% chance of creating a duplicate potion when using your alchemy skill." So yeah, not that great unless you like alchemy.

xMurphyx

Jun 2, 2008
liandri.darkbb.com
All I can say is that some mods for little things would be nice, big mods can be interesting if they're good, but I have 60+ hours in my unmodded Skyrim (LAA Launcher aside) and so does my brother and 60+ awesome hours they were...
So I really can't say the game isn't worth its 50€ in an unmodded state, because to me it definitely is. Of course, in the end, as always, if someone is strange enough they could have a different opinion but calling it such only makes the "I'm of the opinion that..." part of the statement more valid, not the opinion itself.:)

Does anyone know where I can acquire a flawless sapphire, and if there are two arms leading to a common perk in a perk-tree, do I need to skill out both arms or can I chose which route to go?
I'm primarily thinking of the Enchantment tree. And do you think it's worth it to skill the Heavy Armor smithing side too to get the smithing bonus for improved weapons of that type? Are they better than the light ones?

Last edited:

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
do I need to skill out both arms or can I chose which route to go? And do you think it's worth it to skill the Heavy Armor smithing side too to get the smithing bonus for improved weapons of that type? Are they better than the light ones?
You can choose which path you wish to take. I do not think that once you get to the perk at rank 100 you can go back down the other path to take the one at 90/80/70 though.
The last light weapons you can create are Glass weapons. They are good, but Ebony and Daedric are better (Daedric being the best) and both of those are heavy smithing.

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com
Again, you're missing the point. I'm saying it's not worth $60. Which, in my opinion, it isn't without mod support. Also, keep in mind this is just my opinion, you seem to be missing that as well.

Hey, I'm not the one calling attention to how factual my posts are. If you want to say it's not worth $60, maybe you should say that instead of saying it's not worth paying money for at all.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I haven't passed 15 hours in the game yet I know I will have my $60 worth when all is said and done. Oblivion has been the only Bethesda game so far that hasn't practically paid for itself.

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
132 hours in, I still say that I wish there were more dungeons and quests... haven't come even close to the hard-cap of 81.

Also starting to wish that level scaling was in the game. Enemies are weaksauce, so I bumped up the difficulty.

Also: Opinions =/= facts. DOES NOT EQUATE TO. While I know that the console version is inferior in terms of visual quality, ease of use, and lack of mods, I'm not going to go about being a dick about it and say "my opinions are facts."

Most people I know would like to play on PC, but don't have a job, or just can't save up for one due to bills/life/etc.

Last edited:

xMurphyx

Jun 2, 2008
liandri.darkbb.com
You can choose which path you wish to take. I do not think that once you get to the perk at rank 100 you can go back down the other path to take the one at 90/80/70 though.
The last light weapons you can create are Glass weapons. They are good, but Ebony and Daedric are better (Daedric being the best) and both of those are heavy smithing.
Ah, thanks. I'm going to skill the smithing then, and save some points on the, to me, useless parts of one of the arms of the Enchantment tree.

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
Jesus Christ you people are touchy! Why is everyone getting all butthurt over my statements? You could just accept what I said as my outlook on the situation instead of freaking out about it.

Hey, I'm not the one calling attention to how factual my posts are. If you want to say it's not worth $60, maybe you should say that instead of saying it's not worth paying money for at all.

I guess I went about saying it the wrong way when I was trying to get my point across.

Also: Opinions =/= facts. DOES NOT EQUATE TO. While I know that the console version is inferior in terms of visual quality, ease of use, and lack of mods, I'm not going to go about being a dick about it and say "my opinions are facts."

Yeah, well, I'm not you. Also, it's '!=' for DOES NOT EQUAL.

Last edited:
This one took me a bit but mainly because how long it takes to walk around Blackreach. You have to be methodic with the area you cover even though it's rather hard to break up Blackreach into sections. Make sure you check some of the small ruins behind doors that are inside Blackreach itself. The trickiest spots in my opinion was one that was in a room with water and you had to swim to unlock an underwater door blocking it. There's also a large body of water near the perimeter of Blackreach that I had to swim around in to reach one that isn't near any kind of path like most of the others. Wouldn't sweat over it though, It's not critical to the main quest and it just gives you a permanent active effect after completing the quest:
"A 25% chance of creating a duplicate potion when using your alchemy skill." So yeah, not that great unless you like alchemy.

You're certainly right then. Some of the areas you described I don't even remember seeing (there was a falmer tee pee that I got stuck inside in one spot and I remember there being a lot of space over there. I am pretty sure I hit all the ruins, but the underwater part doesn't sound familiar).

As for the perk....yeah, dunno if that really sounds like that much of a bonus. But I already found the 26 plants already...and I do like mixing potions (10% of which I actually use, the rest I store in a shelf in my house and look at sometimes).