Official BeyondUnreal Photography Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
Nothing really artistic about this shot, but I thought it would be fun to do a TTV on this super ancient camera.

Through An Ancient Eye
3540958186_e710082b55.jpg

sid

I posted in the RO-me thread
and all I got was
a pink username!
Oct 20, 2005
Jackal, that one is beautiful, reminds me of STALKER.

BBA, very very nice, Im gonna have to ask you to link me to the post-processing technique, its just awesome!

Hazel.H

Jan 15, 2004
Experimenting with a handheld UV light. Pores show up as tiny orange dots close up, it was difficult to get much detail in because of the exposure (this was taken at f 1.8 for 1 second). The second one didn't turn out so well :p My freckles are hardly visible under normal light, the clear contact lenses also turn a dark purple colour.

[SCREENSHOT]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3601/3550179502_b48bb4676a_o.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

[SCREENSHOT]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3305/3550179976_3336af90cf_o.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

sid

and all I got was
a pink username!
Oct 20, 2005
Slain, d'you get your teeth whitened ;)?

M.A.D.X.W

Aug 24, 2008
I was in my old school today, i took some pictures with my phone, obviously these pictures are crap, but imagine the pictures you could get here with a good camera and some time.
Image027.jpg

-
Image028.jpg

-
Image029.jpg

-
Image032.jpg

-
Image034.jpg

-
Image035.jpg

I was just passing through, its a very cool atmosphere, wish i had a good camera with me :(

sid

and all I got was
a pink username!
Oct 20, 2005
Youve got your angles right mate :tup: and the 4th one is just plain creepy!

M.A.D.X.W

Aug 24, 2008
lol yeah, it was fairly scary :p it was alot darker than the pictures suggest, i was glad i wasn't alone.
heres two i forgot about:
Image030.jpg

-
Image036.jpg

-
These pictures were taken in St Peters College Wexford, and i don't know if anyone outside Ireland has heard about it, but its one of the places where the priests working there, used to abuse the students in the 60's, so that made it a fairly grim environment.
The school is still open, thats the old part thats closed now, the old dorms.

Hazel.H

Jan 15, 2004
I was just passing through, its a very cool atmosphere, wish i had a good camera with me :(
Nice, you should get back in there with a proper camera :2thumb:

The most creepy thing about abandoned schools is they still have that "school" smell about them... can't really explain it. I bet Ireland has loads of good explores, that's what I miss about Scotland :(

These are from early last year, Blairs College (a junior catholic seminary) and Beechwood school in Aberdeen:
[SCREENSHOT]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3167/2560790256_5ac1f4dbcf_o.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

[SCREENSHOT]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2237/2209847964_314eff5b93_o.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

M.A.D.X.W

Aug 24, 2008
Nice, you should get back in there with a proper camera :2thumb:

The most creepy thing about abandoned schools is they still have that "school" smell about them... can't really explain it. I bet Ireland has loads of good explores, that's what I miss about Scotland :(
yeah i'd love to go back, but its usually loked up i dont know why it was open today, there was so many other places there that would of made good photos, like the the dormitries with walls covered in graffiti, and one room had an old rotting piano, if i go back it will probably be locked again :(

I know what you mean with the smel :p theres that and the smell of 50 year old mouldy wood :p

Hazel.H

Jan 15, 2004
If there's graffiti or chav damage it usually means easy access unless it's been secured recently, there may be an unlocked window or door somewhere. I recommend getting a respirator with P3 filters (if you haven't already got one), since these places are often riddled with asbestos.

SlipStreams_65

User Titles are Useless.
Dec 29, 2005
Kingdom of boredom
Really nice pics Hazel :)

I would love to explore an abandoned factory/warehouse/school sometime, but I can never find any. Or I do find one and its totally locked up.

Anyway, one from today:

[SCREENSHOT]http://i40.tinypic.com/bimbts.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

M.A.D.X.W

Aug 24, 2008
If there's graffiti or chav damage it usually means easy access unless it's been secured recently, there may be an unlocked window or door somewhere. I recommend getting a respirator with P3 filters (if you haven't already got one), since these places are often riddled with asbestos.
Well it was open-ish in the 90's and students used to sneak in to smoke, before it was eventually locked up properly.
so i presume the graffiti is from those times, but maybe there is still another way in.
Sadly, I heard that there going to rennovate it and make it into usable space, i hope thats not true.
But it makes sense, that may be why it was open yesterday.

The asbestos occurred to me actually, but i figured it was worth the risk, to get some pictures, once-in-a-life-time opportunity and all that :p
I don't have a mask, but ill go back in if its open on monday anyway just for a short while.

your pictures are very nice aswell btw, especially the first.
Abandoned buildings do make for good pictures.