The Skaarj live!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
UC2 Skaarj or what they were supposed to be were even more uglier and tank-like in my opinion.

MonsOlympus

May 27, 2004
I kinda dont like the feet myself, I dunno how a skaarj would squeeze their toes into that :p

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
I never liked the ut2004 design of skaarj. They didn't even have own voicepack and they looked just silly, not scary at all.
But the blandness and cartoonish of these new characters in ut2004 are like the same.
This model looks better though than these ut2004 ones.

While Unreal2 was enough good at least, but could be better if they had these more skaarj designs there, I have seen few shots of other skaarj types that did not make it there.

MonsOlympus

May 27, 2004
Yeah shame its not easy to get to U2 characters out cause they use that golem stuff, those would be pretty good I rekon.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Yeah shame its not easy to get to U2 characters out cause they use that golem stuff, those would be pretty good I rekon.

But I have seen some screenshots of models ported to ut2k games or videos. So it is possible to convert it.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
AFAIK that shot is from a talented artist that appeared on our modeling/skinning forum section.

MonsOlympus

May 27, 2004
No actually I dont think the UTXMP did use the Unreal2 assets, I think they created alot of theirs from scratch. Maybe Epic lent them a hand and gave them source assets from Unreal2 but I cant say I know of anyone who has got any of the golem meshes out for use.

But I have seen some screenshots of models ported to ut2k games or videos. So it is possible to convert it.

If it is possible to get the character models from Unreal2, I really dont know why I havent seen any yet. You'd think something like that would be front page buf news!

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
I am dead sure about it. I have seen mods with converted u2 models.
Many mods and I am sure they didn't have the source models.

If it is possible to get the character models from Unreal2, I really dont know why I havent seen any yet. You'd think something like that would be front page buf news!

Evilengine ported the Skaarj and the Soldier models into UT2004. I think he also ported the weapons because there was a mutator for that as well.

If you do a search over at the Epic forums for U2Skaarj and U2Soldier you'll get more info.

I used to use them all of the time because that custom gibs that looked awesome :p