PDA

View Full Version : flag triggering

Laff
10th Jan 2002, 07:09 PM
i've got a doorway to a shorter route through my level. i want the door to open when the other team steals the flag. so far i've tried a trigger with class proximity (class flagbase, ctfflag, ctfflag.redflag) and also tried using the event on the flagbase. any other ideas?

StoneViper
10th Jan 2002, 11:00 PM
i don't think it can be done without extra scripting. This is the same as making red lights go off and on when the flag is taken, which i know can't be done with the stand-alone ued.

StoneViper
10th Jan 2002, 11:00 PM
i would post something like this at the coding forums at forums.beyondunreal.com

Hourences
11th Jan 2002, 11:07 AM
you can trigger it though, but not like that, it wont be triggered when someone steals it, it will only trigger when they actually capture it, then it does go off, when the flag has an event

Hourences
11th Jan 2002, 11:08 AM
although you could, if you really want it without scripting, placing a teamtrigger right on the same place of the flag or something and then let it go off, but then u still got the prob that the door wont close when they drop the flag again :)

Seco_In_The_Bushes
11th Jan 2002, 05:07 PM
After reading this thread, I spent a few miutes writing up this code. It (should) activate only when someone carrying a flag touches it. You'll find subclassed under "trigger.trigger". I havent tested it so tell me if it works.