Grenade Training

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

{GD}Ghost

Counter Terrorist Operative
Mar 25, 2001
Classified
home.attbi.com
I was bored earlier today and decided to gear up and do a little destruction on the shooting range map. I went to the Physical testing area. (The area with the opening windows and targets) Instead of shooting the targets, I loaded up with nades and as the windows popped open, I attempted to toss the nades through them. I didn't do so well. However, it struck me as an interesting way to train for tossing nades fairly accurately.

...Just a suggestion....

Do any servers run this map?

LifesBane(4Corners)

Sep 27, 1999
come.to
Good idea. I'm still not used to the weird throwing with the nades in 2.86, myself coming from 2.6.

I did something similar in Unreal 1. I used the pistol (the m9 that everyone hates) and practiced for about an hour on a wide open map with a little cover against bots. Now, I've gotten so good with it I prefer it over a few of the "main" weapons :p

Practice makes perfect.

jaymian

Sweet Merciful Crap!
Jan 25, 2001
hell yeah

After playing INF tonight (opps, I said I wouldn't play till 2.87, shame on me:)), I realized how bad people suck with nades. This one dude threw one, it landed in front of him, I didn't see it, then boom. Then in Bullcourt, people could even get the nades over the fence. Come on ladies, throw the damn thing! People definately need a lesson.
Jaymian

{GD}Ghost

Counter Terrorist Operative
Mar 25, 2001
Classified
home.attbi.com
Now that's a piece of welcome new, Shakken. Thanx

However, people (myself included) need to practice until then because the unintended suicides and tk's are....lets just say sometimes these incidents take out more of the team than the enemy.

Camel_Toe(l)

Form Fitting
Mar 19, 2001
Not Toledo!
Ghost, I did the same thing when I was learning nades. Try this, run around and use the secondary fire on the nades (timed nades) and time it so when you throw it in a window, it explodes immediately. Try it from different ranges and different strategies.

I used to use an all nade loadout on servers where I ran around killing people with hand nades. I became quite good at it :)

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
Heres a few tips, for the m67:
Use the edges of the "free-aim" to give yourself an accurate idea of where you are pointing. Top left and top right are the areas I use most - but for the lower throws, yer gonna have to guess around the sides.
They always are thrown high, at an arc. Keep that in mind.
Try to bank them off of some broad object, like a nice flat wall. They are less likely to have a wierd bounce, and are fairly easy to guess where they will land.

Rostam

PSN: Rostam_
May 1, 2001
Leiden, Holland
yeah, most people arent good at all with nades. Wich really surprises me, cuz IMO, its VERY easy. Its just as easy as hipshooting :)

this reminds me, the other day leprakip and me had a 2vs2 in flagstaff, leprakip took out one of em, and then went in an elevator shaft. The other dude trew a nade at him, but it bounced and killed himself. I laught so hard i almost forgot to do my job the next round :p