UT's bots suuuuccckkk

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Smokey

Dec 8, 1999
Visit site
Yeah that's right, I hate'em. Whenever I join a server with them, they act so real it takes me awhile to figure out I'm not actually playing with realy people /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif

The only thing unrealistic about them is that when I say "Defend the Base" they all actually listen, that's usually when I figure out that there's no people playing.

Cyberian_2K

Adept
Dec 13, 1999
Visit site
Ummm..... Yup. They suck!!!! That Steve Polge did such a great job with them, I'm having a hard time coming to terms with their loyal following of my orders. They saved my *** on occasions even better than human players have.

I agree somewhat... playing the bots is annoying because sometimes you can't tell who's a bot and who isn't... it's even more annoying when it's 5 on 2 because bots don't change teams :p
but, saying the bots suck is only gonna cause people to think you don't appriciate the work done on them. THe bots are incredible... they know how to play... unlike bots for other games i've played... the only problem i have is when playing ctf, once the bots have the flag or are headiding for their base, their so easy to pick off with a sniper rifle or even blow them away with the enforcer... they keep runnin cuz their objective is get the flag to their base... i haven't tried on hard difficulties... do they change this? will they actually shoot when they have the flag?

bullet2.gif

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you..."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

"Gaze into the Abyss so I can get a better look at you..."
-Fatal Abyss(Jess Edwards)

E-mail: fatalabyss@hotmail.com
http://members.xoom.com/BringPeace

Well, just look at the names, and the ping. You can tell then. Although I think you are being sarcastic, it's hard to tell by just text.

The bots do change teams, the administrator just has to check the "balance teams" box, and the bots will leave a team or join another to keep the numbers even.

bullet2.gif

Ask the carney folk to get it, they're great climbers!

Wingznut PEZ

Nov 30, 1999
Portland, OR, USA
Visit site
You are so right about the more "human" qualities of the UT bots, but this would be their downfall agains the Q3 bots. The Q3 bots have pretty much a 100% aim, at the higher levels, and would rail the UT bots over and over.

bullet2.gif

Wingznut [PEZ]
ICQ #29598363

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
No, the UT bots would be using their fancy "speech communication" to surround and frag the Q3A bots while they are busy simulating the superior human-like behavior of taking a bathroom break...or going for a beer...or petting the cat...or

Cyberian_2K

Adept
Dec 13, 1999
Visit site
God that Nikita is cute bot. I started a CTF game and told her to get the enemy flag. She got it and started running back with it. I came up behind her and started to provide covering fire and then I cleared the place and was follwoing her.

This is the sick part. I was so mesmerized watching her behind as she ran, I got fragged by one bot with an RL overhead.

Oh well, kudos to the Epic team member who designed her and the other female bots. They sure have taste............unlike the ugly bots like Lucy and Angel from Q3A......Wait a minute Mynx is kinda cute

Testicle

Dec 22, 1999
Kuwait
www.cheap3d.com
There are couple of Non-violent bots in q3. I didnt spend time memorizing names, but they wouldnt shoot at me at all, they'd just run away. One of them was just runing in circles. Bunch of retards,if u ask me.

Thanatos[Doh!]

Dec 13, 1999
members.tripod.com
Smokey, you had me going there for a minute with your post - (and, of course, that was the idea!) Got a good chuckle about being able to tell they weren't human by the fact they actually defended the base when told to... I tried both UT and Q3A before I made my purchase, and although I'm a long time Quake2 fan, I was a very *short* time Q3A user, it doesn't live on MY harddrive anymore!

bullet2.gif

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Why do they put Braille on the
drive-through bank machines?