PDA

View Full Version : UT2 videos

hal
9th Jan 2002, 07:46 PM
In DivX format, you'll find seven UT2 videos (http://www1.giga.de/stories/0,1617,20729,00.html) to download. In game footage, as well as interviews.

hal
9th Jan 2002, 11:45 PM
Okay... checked 'em out. The video quality isn't that great. But it is interesting to see the game in action. The weapons look nice (sound funny though), and the environments look better than their pictures would lead you to believe.

Tip: Avoid the GIGA games.zip. It's nothing but 1MB of guys standing around yelling "GIGA games!". You can also skip U2_ki2.zip unless you're really hard-up to see some Xan models playing CTF on an unfinished test map, or see the AI crawl and duck.

Zaccix
10th Jan 2002, 01:21 PM
Actually, the Ki2 video is interesting because the guy in it explains how the AI will work with weapons. Each AI enemy will be able to "rate" weapons depending on how effective they are and how well they'll work in a particular situation.

The James Schmalz interview has a ton of info on UT2, and it's pretty long too which makes it worth the big download. When he mentioned vehicles in UT2, I let out a loud "whoop!" :D

Oh, and for the link to the movies, you're welcome. ;) (And thanks to Blues for the original link).

TaoPaiPai
10th Jan 2002, 01:29 PM
link doesn't work for me

fragswill
10th Jan 2002, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by hal
The weapons look nice (sound funny though)

[hasselhoff voice]... yeah ...[/hasselhoff voice]

hal
10th Jan 2002, 01:48 PM
Zacc, between you and me... we just covered the entire Ki2 video. :D

You're right, of course, it does explain some AI stuff. I was just wanting to see it in action. :D

fragswill
10th Jan 2002, 02:44 PM
Curse you, moderator, curse you to hell!

IntRed
10th Jan 2002, 04:00 PM
crap, perhaps someone could put it online or something
cause i'm getting this:
The requested URL /storie/0,2850,20729,00.html was not found on this server.

hal
10th Jan 2002, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by fragswill
Curse you, moderator, curse you to hell!

Sorry! I can't stand to see typos in my posts. :D

hal
10th Jan 2002, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by TTRStryker8
crap, perhaps someone could put it online or something
cause i'm getting this:
The requested URL /storie/0,2850,20729,00.html was not found on this server.

Try here (http://unreal2.gamigo.de/cat.php?sec=main&show=1)

I'd put 'em up, but with the traffic they've apparently been generating... Pete'd kill me! :D

Finsternis
13th Jan 2002, 09:58 PM
From what I've seen in the videos weapon switching is much faster than in UT.

SilentStrike
14th Jan 2002, 12:36 AM
Are the interviews in english?

hal
14th Jan 2002, 01:57 AM
Yes, they are in English.

Tetris L
14th Jan 2002, 06:46 AM
Note that the AI videos shows U2, not UT2. That guy in the video is Mike Fox from Legend.

subxaero
17th Jan 2002, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by hal

Try here (http://unreal2.gamigo.de/cat.php?sec=main&show=1)

I'd put 'em up, but with the traffic they've apparently been generating... Pete'd kill me! :D
u said sth about 7 vids..hmm...there are definitly not 7 new vids, right?

so..well...can sb up all of them pleeze?
i'm collection everything about U2 and UT2 so i need this stuff, too ;)
(i just like the engine :D)

anyway...
@tetris: ur fakk...er...faq about u2 is great man!
really good work. i printet the whole faq out and then read it in the holydayz.
the next thing i'm doing is printing the UW-Faq...sth nice to read..and it's 4 free :D
keep on rollin, tetris - unreal is comind ;)

subxaero
17th Jan 2002, 06:08 PM
well...i've seen 4 out of 5 except of the schmalz thing...

my opinion...either the camera-dude is drunk, or the vid does really only shows a small part of the monitors, that show UT2...the game2 is ok..i see about 3/4 of the screen, but game1 nearlly 1/4, and warfare-tv NOTHING...
pleeze explain, because the look kinda leeks ;)
leeks like the e3-thing...
but game2 is really good...in relation to the other ones...the already have a lot of models in the game.

my prob'll be, what game i'll chose for clan-gaming...guess it'll be UT2 if they get above the UT-Standart (i'm not a UT-Friend...more the quake, thats why i'm playing rtcw in a clan :D)