UT and D3D

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

sc_junky

Dec 29, 1999
austin, tx USA
Visit site
I'm running :

win98se
celery 400 @ 450
128 megs RAM
IBM deskstar 7200 UDMA
TNT2 Ultra w/ nvidia 2.17 ref drivers
SB live! plat

i set advanced pref to 96 megs of cache and set world and charac details to
medium, running 800x600 32 bit color. I have precaching on b/c i thrash
mid-game alot w/o it.

i run pretty smooth average FPS about 30-35 but the only time i go down to
about 19-25fps is when either I use or someone on the screen uses the flak
cannon.

Is there anyway to fix this or is it a known bug?

Any suggestions or comments are appreciated.

Thanks for answers in advance guys, i always receive great help here.

Cyberian_2K

Adept
Dec 13, 1999
Visit site
Try the NVidia 3.53 reference drivers. They're better than 2.17 in my opinion and UT was tested against those for a bit. It might solve your problem. I'm getting smooth framerates at 1024X768 in 32-bit color. Can't beat that.

Thanatos[Doh!]

Dec 13, 1999
members.tripod.com
I have a system pretty much like yours; 300a @ 450, 128mb memory, DeskStar HD, etc. My video card is a CL TNT2 Ultra and I've found that the Creative drivers give me a slightly better frame rate than the nVidia ones. (I think the CL drivers I'm using are based on nVidia 2.08 reference) I honestly don't know if there is an issue with the flak cannon but will check to see...

bullet2.gif

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Why do they put Braille on the
drive-through bank machines?