Random Map Ideas

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[ECC]--|Cone|

Monster Kill....
Jan 8, 2002
behind you
Visit site
Out of boredom i though of some map ideas

This cold be a section of the map or the whole thing, have a pool and stick a lot of those sea creatures i so the player has to figt the creatures and the other players/bots. Have a tiny platform in the center big enought for one person so everyone has to fight over it for safety

Another Idea is have a CTF map full of traps (walk over a button the floor opens up, walls close in). So everyone has to find the traps and dodge them to get to the teams flag

Last of all have a huge pit and make catwalks or small I beams across the pit randomly so people jump to each platform while fighting and if they fall they might luckily land on a catwalk of fall into the pit. and every once in awhile have an earthquake go off :D

oh yeah, hey, i'm new to this board but not UT ;)

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
Originally posted by [ECC]--|Cone|
Out of boredom i though of some map ideas

This cold be a section of the map or the whole thing, have a pool and stick a lot of those sea creatures i so the player has to figt the creatures and the other players/bots. Have a tiny platform in the center big enought for one person so everyone has to fight over it for safety

Another Idea is have a CTF map full of traps (walk over a button the floor opens up, walls close in). So everyone has to find the traps and dodge them to get to the teams flag

Last of all have a huge pit and make catwalks or small I beams across the pit randomly so people jump to each platform while fighting and if they fall they might luckily land on a catwalk of fall into the pit. and every once in awhile have an earthquake go off :D

oh yeah, hey, i'm new to this board but not UT ;)

interesting. sounds easy too. Try to make some maps with these ideas. to get into it

Hmmmmm. . .

OK: The pit with attacking fish has been done to death, an for some reason they all end up just being annoying.

To my knowledge, every mapper has at some point tried to make a level full of traps, and it is a good idea that if done right could make excellent maps, the problem is, its very difficult to make original traps that are interesting.

A level made completely of catwalks all over the place could be entertaining. It would be fun to be jumping and falling off catwalks, hoping you land on one beneath you. . .

[DecoY]

Phat out of hell
Nov 6, 2001
MIA: please find me
I've got a good idea for a bottomless pit...

When you fall in the pit, at the bottom you pass through a warp zone. there you get teleported to a cube outside the map...
when you reach the bottom of the cube you get teleported to the top of the cube again...
only way to kill yourself is to type "suicide"...:D

When I first started mapping and when I get bored, I make a 2048 cube with torchflames and startpoints, and just fill it with my unimaginative booby traps for the bots.

My favorite is a huge hole in the ground that gos have the grid then ends in a pit of spikes.:D

I once made a flie-swater that when stepped on, would fling you against the wall and crush you. Put a pickup on it.

[ECC]--|Cone|

Monster Kill....
Jan 8, 2002
behind you
Visit site
it would be cool if one of the traps were five holes, four of them lead to a pit with impossible monsters or spikes and the one safe hole would lead you to the flag if CTF or heath and a redeemer in a DM map

one other idea is that u walk into a room and there is an opening that just leads to a fall to death, and if u step over a button, the the door closes and then closed door wall moves toward u forcing u to step back to the opening and then it will eventually push u off, ;)

[DecoY]

Phat out of hell
Nov 6, 2001
...and then have the fly swatter fling you into the tunnel above, so you can continue on your quest...
good idea for a single player map!!!

and my bottomless pit idea is very unfair, I know, but it's a great idea, innit?

[DecoY]

Phat out of hell
Nov 6, 2001
Originally posted by [ECC]--|Cone|
all of these are great ideas and put together it would be a very awesome map, if i were a mapper i'd try and build, but i'm not :(

Oh come on, anyone canbe a mapper!!!
Even I can be one!!
hang on, I am one...:D