View Full Version : I watched the new MTV Cribs

Sapphire Nights
6th Jan 2002, 08:01 PM
Now I know why I have to pay $18 for a friggin' CD :mad:

BillyBadAss
6th Jan 2002, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Sapphire Nights
Now I know why I have to pay $18 for a friggin' CD :mad:

Dear God! Where do you buy CDs? If you stick to the independent record store you usually don't ever have to pay over $13.

Cap'n Beeb
6th Jan 2002, 08:41 PM
3 Questions.

New?
What does Cribs have to do with CDs?
Is that you in your avatar? :)

Jotun
6th Jan 2002, 08:50 PM
well i could already tell that since this thread had MTV in it that money mongrelling facism was involved :) that or Carson Gayly

Assymilator
6th Jan 2002, 08:54 PM
yeah, "This is my new Benz I bought last year. Yeah, here is the couch and the swivel stand that I saw Xzibit have on Cribs once. "

"Yo, this is my blingin car! Jumaine Dupri said if you don't have this car, you ain't a bawler."

50,000 dollar cars and they bitch about Napster and free music.

Clayeth
6th Jan 2002, 09:25 PM
"Cribs" hurts record sales more than file sharing... and I'm not joking. If people didn't see all those rich bastards crap, they might not mind giving them more money.

El Diablo
6th Jan 2002, 09:32 PM
Well in no regars to CD costs, whats yer faveorite house in cribs?

Mine would have to be Master P's house. Jeebus friggin Chryst that is huge!! He's got his own race cars besides normal totally tricked out cars. then the pool, the basketball court, the bedroom alone he said costs about 3 million dollars.

:eek2:

3 million bucks for the bedroom alone??

/me faints

Mute
6th Jan 2002, 09:34 PM
The ARTISTS (generally whose 'cribs' we are seeing) are making a hell of a lot less than the producers. for every artist with a mansion there are 10 other people with a mansions driving up the price of your CD.

The artists deserve their mansion- they can get it on only a dollar a CD if they go platinum. It costs another dollar to make the CD, and throw in $5 for marketing and distribution (i think i'm even overstating that). That leaves $3-8 for industry fat cats. sorry SN-- but i feel you're anger is misdirected :).

garrett
6th Jan 2002, 09:48 PM
silkk the shocker's
master p's
anfernee hardaway's
wu tang clan's

all those houses rock.

Sapphire Nights
6th Jan 2002, 09:53 PM
I am aware that the artist gets the smallest cut. It's just that it is all such a scam ripping off the music fans. And then they flaunt it in our faces.

Seeing all these trashy people with such elegant homes\cars\pools reminds me of the Beverly Hillbillies. Except "Jed" is a rapper.

I can imagine the palace Metallica must lives in. If they where on Cribs, I bet more people would get angry.

I only see new releases for $13. And itís only the big acts.

Yes, that's my eye.

El Diablo
6th Jan 2002, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by garrett
silkk the shocker's
master p's
anfernee hardaway's
wu tang clan's

all those houses rock.

hmm, i think i smell a poll question...

tool
6th Jan 2002, 10:28 PM
omg at rich people houses :D

I love that show! It makes me feel poor and homeless although im not. I want to live in a house like that, I so wouldnt not take it for granted. :)

I espically love seeing what all the rappers do with there houses because they make the most money and spend it on there homes the fastest :D

anyone see master P's house? omg at that place, its amazing.

Sapphire Nights
6th Jan 2002, 10:45 PM
Don't be a sucker, Tool. Youíre being ripped off every time you buy music. Then they wave their Porsches in your face.

tool
6th Jan 2002, 10:48 PM
well I got over 50 CD-R's right in front of me so no need to be buying any CDs anytime soon :D

LordKhaine
7th Jan 2002, 04:14 AM
oh oh SN's eye!

/me feels all faint :D

As for the subject.... We've always known we're getting ripped off with CD's. CD's are cheaper to make than tapes, yet the price is much higher...

Sapphire Nights
7th Jan 2002, 10:19 AM
Well, there is one thing to look forward to. One year they are on MTV Cribs showing off their cars. The next year they are on VH1 telling us how they lost their fortunes because they spent it all on drugs. There is still some justice.

Sapphire Nights
7th Jan 2002, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by LordKhaine
oh oh SN's eye!

/me feels all faint :D

Watch it! I have my eye on you. One false move...:D

afkik
7th Jan 2002, 10:23 AM
they are jackasses. If i had as much money as them i would just live a normal decent life instead of paying 5 million bucks on a couch :rolleyes:

Mute
7th Jan 2002, 10:29 AM
Well, there is one thing to look forward to. One year they are on MTV Cribs showing off their cars. The next year they are on VH1 telling us how they lost their fortunes because they spent it all on drugs. There is still some justice.

Then the year after that they will have a E! True Hollywood Story episode made about them to let us know they've hit rock bottom and will never be coming back!

Tapeworm
7th Jan 2002, 11:38 AM
I don't have MTV, but i downloaded the episode with the house of Marilyn Manson's bass player, Twiggy Ramirez. I'll say one thing, it certainly wasn't a mansion, more like a medium sized bungalow. It was nice though, smoke machine under bed, the guy had a Spectrum by his tv!! An what looked like a PS1, PS2, N64, and a few others. Didn't really appear that rich, except he had a room with his spiritual advisor George in and it had about 50 guitars :)

And i would't pay money for an album unless i thought they deserved it. I really don't mind seeing the house of someone like him, in my opinion, the guy earns his money, along with the rest of the band. They work hard and i think they are genious song writers. I went to one of their concerts last January and payed £17 to get in. I would of payed £50, because it was one of the best nights of my life. I don't know bout these other people or whatever with mansions and race tracks etc :hmm: more than likely they are rappers, they always have expensive taste :hmm:

eRacer
7th Jan 2002, 11:45 AM
Jason Williams of the Nets is still one of the best.

The indoor basketball court with hard wood floors AND ceilings. His own 9-hole golf course. Shooting range. Car Show Dump trucks :rolleyes: I gotta get better at BB.

Sapphire Nights
7th Jan 2002, 11:55 AM
Yes, the rappers seem to be the ones who waste the most money. It's ironic since all they rap about is how terrible there lives have been and how the "system" is against them. They are such hypocrites.

Did you see the VH1 story about MC Hammer? He went from 33 million to nothing. Now he does commercials for low budget credit cards. :lol:

Cap'n Beeb
7th Jan 2002, 12:10 PM
Now all the puffy sparkle pants in the world cant save him. :lol:

Peregrine
7th Jan 2002, 04:35 PM
:rolleyes:

Someone actually watches that lame a$$ show?

Peregrine
7th Jan 2002, 04:43 PM
A) What? They shouldn't make any money?
B) You wanna' talk about overpaid mofo's how about Athletes???????
They make a lot more than Rock Stars (on average) and it's a helluva lot more expensive to see a football game than to buy a CD.

$35 /ticket to Browns Game
$2.50 /hot dog
$4.00 /beer
$17,000,000 /price paid by NBC to broadcast NFL games for 7 years
$1.2 Million /year for a LOW PAID Player to play 16 freaking weeks of (American) Football.

LordKhaine
7th Jan 2002, 05:22 PM

Watch it! I have my eye on you. One false move...:D

yes miss :o

/me stands to attention

Merlin|BuF
7th Jan 2002, 09:08 PM
I rarely buy CD's and would only get it if it was a Band I liked. I hate the fact that the Production company's get all the money but you can't change that.

mp3s own j00

TomWithTheWeather
7th Jan 2002, 11:51 PM
heh.

pine
7th Jan 2002, 11:57 PM
"You know, if I wasn't a major player in this whole 'plot-to-brainwash-the-youth-of-america' thing..........We could totally go out."

Snipeo
8th Jan 2002, 01:22 PM
Destiny's Child win the award for best garden, its a swimming pool the size of a friggin lake, waterfalls on all. Ozzy Osbourne wins the award for biggest skull collection (Christina came a close 2nd :D ).

One day..... one day.... :cool: