Umm, where did the UW forum go?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Tetris L

Smartass
Feb 15, 2000
Germany
cleaned.beyondunreal.com
I'll repeat what I just wrote in this thread:

Originally posted by hal
Now that we have 3 Officially confirmed games (UC, U2, and UT2) we have Forums that reflect that. The UW Forum has been merged into the UT2 Forum. With all of the publicity recently, and the release of U2 drawing nearer, you can expect that U2 and UT2 will be the dominant Unreal Engine Forums.

Hmmm .... I think you rather should have turned the UC forum into a combined UC & UT2 forum, since these two games are 90% identical anyway.

UW on the other hand is a separate and completely new game. It makes no sense to combine the UT2 forum with the UW forum.

Mxtrmntr

(Formerly known as Mxtrmntr)
Nov 3, 2001
The Island of the Day Before
Visit site
Originally posted by Tetris L
I'll repeat what I just wrote in this thread:

Hmmm .... I think you rather should have turned the UC forum into a combined UC & UT2 forum, since these two games are 90% identical anyway.

UW on the other hand is a separate and completely new game. It makes no sense to combine the UT2 forum with the UW forum.

Yah, sounds a lot better :)

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Of course UW is totally different than UT2. There's no connection between the two and combining the two Forums shouldn't be taken as so. Half of the threads in this forum were about UT2 anyhow. What wasn't about UT2 was about Unreal Engine tech.

Combining UC and UT2? That still may happen yet. They do have quite a bit in common.

With UW being so far off (that is unless Infogrames decides to announce it next week too ;)) and two Unreal games in the near future, why confuse the issue? If you all really, really want the UW Forum back just say so, but it wasn't exactly buzzing with activity anyhow. Not a whole lot to say about a game that has no details.

Mxtrmntr: no need to wait weeks and weeks. Infogrames will be talking about it by the end of next week according to their statement.

fragswill

Charismatic Leader
Mar 21, 2000
Sweden
I suppose it was more of a forum for "next-gen" Unreal tech in general, since a lot of people call it the UW engine.

Tetris L

Smartass
Feb 15, 2000
Germany
cleaned.beyondunreal.com
Originally posted by hal
Combining UC and UT2? That still may happen yet. They do have quite a bit in common.

With UW being so far off (that is unless Infogrames decides to announce it next week too ;)) and two Unreal games in the near future, why confuse the issue? If you all really, really want the UW Forum back just say so, but it wasn't exactly buzzing with activity anyhow. Not a whole lot to say about a game that has no details.
I couldn't agree more.

I'd say for the time being there should only be 2 forums for future Unreal games as the max: A U2 forum and a combined UC/UT2 forum. UW questions can be discussed in either of these two forums. There is just not enough to talk about UW (game or engine) yet to have a separate forum for it.