PDA

View Full Version : I R Homing MIssle.

Entity
4th Jan 2002, 11:11 PM
I think it would be interesting to spawn as a redeemer\strangelove. the IR Missle mod. (note I never said fun or cool.)

Nemephosis
5th Jan 2002, 11:30 AM
ummmm..... spawn as a strangelove missile?

Just fire one. same effect..... :p

Entity
5th Jan 2002, 11:42 AM
twas merely a joke. and no it's not quite the same....spawning as one would mean that you can't jump off. there's no you to jump off.

Nemephosis
5th Jan 2002, 02:22 PM
I dunno, sure doesn't sound hard to do. Whether it's interesting or fun or not is another thing ;) but it sure doesn't sound hard to do.

unit4
18th Jan 2002, 03:29 PM
ummmm what do you mean spawn as a rocket?

is it a mod?

and where can i get it?

:Pulse:

Entity
18th Jan 2002, 11:41 PM
ROFL.... it's a primitave human concept called a joke. I'm not very good at applying it as it requires deccelerating mental processes by a factor of 2.

this was a farce and IF anyone produces it I will A) laugh quite hard and B) maim them for their own good.

if you want to experience the goodness of being a missile go DL the glorious mod called Strangelove.

unit4
18th Jan 2002, 11:51 PM
ok makes sense to me.
and ive played strangelove i like it.
and i play it with unlimited ammo mutor and strangelove only.
or grab a normal redeemer. and well this anamation is what i like to do. JK...

:redeemer:

:boom:

Pxtl
4th Feb 2002, 05:56 PM
There may be a grain of sanity in that lunatic concept.

Think - Tweak strangelove so its a lot harder to die when you hit a wall. Now, add controls for steering the strangelove while you're in aiming mode (I forget what key it is to switch from steering mode to aim mode - use the strafe controls for the new steering). Turn the explosion death size down (that's already in the mute menu). Remove the difference between hull damage and health/armor. Give the player 3 seconds after spawning, then the rocket auto launches, and you can't hop off. That allows the player time to aim, so he doesnt shoot himself right at a wall. Don't play this on cramped maps.

You now have a neat hybrid of UT and Airfight - like airfight with UT weapons and UT levels, and a turret. Plus the fun unrealism of not dying when you bump into somthing. It might be tricky to pick things up - perhaps a grappling hook might be needed to grab weapons and powerups (not to mention possible sharp turns if the coders are patient enough for that) - otherwise, just reducing the wallhit damage to negligible would allow you to pick up gear well too.

This could be good. Maybe I should send this along to the dude who made Strangelove2?