The great CTF poll.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

CTF poll.

• TDM

Votes: 12 29.3%
  • CTF

Votes: 26 63.4%
  • CTF with one life. (TDM with flag)

Votes: 3 7.3%

• Total voters

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
Recenty, AFA#2 has run CTF. Infinite respawn CTF, the kind with 2 bases and 2 flags.
This is a poll to determine what to do with it (AFA#2) before 2.87 comes out.
If you don't play there, don't vote.
Personally, I did want CTF, for something different. Its not quite going in the direction I hoped, but its a start.

We have 3 options.

Team deathmatch. I will keep the random spawns, for that is a instant classic.

CTF. This means that we will play the incarnation of CTF that the likes of khutan and keganator give us. It will undoubtably improve over time - that is, if you think it can be improved in time.
The current CTF, I know, basically sucks. Too much individuality, and the teamwork, although ****-hot, can become the exeption, rather than the rule.

TDM with flags. Self explanatory. One life, but yer still going for a flag. Nothing special about it, and I suppose it would be kinda dumb.

If something else pops up later, then we might consider it. But for now, these are the only options.

spm1138

Irony Is
Aug 10, 2001
Visit site
TURN WEAPON AND BODY STAY OFF PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GAWD.

*ahem*

I'd be interested in seeing how CTF with respawns progressed with tweaks to spawn timings / flag placement etc.

Prowler

"Building Better Worlds"
Jul 6, 2000
Canada
excuse me, after months of bitching about how the weapons and bodys should stay, I aint about to let you change his mind.

ok, so anyways, I am wondering if DOM with re-enforcements would work and only domination maps like dom-domination where those shiny peices of crap don't show and you have to hold an area or a room.

CTF is a bit arena-ish for me but its a definate improvment.

oh and...

FOR GODS SAKE PLEASE LEAVE THE WEAPONS STAY ON!!!!

*ehem*

thankyou.

spm1138

Irony Is
Aug 10, 2001
Visit site
Um...

Everything set to stay, I cannot play properly because of the lag.

I cannot play properly on AFA2, I cannot play Inf properly.

I cannot play Inf properly, back to FirearmsHL for me.

Which should explain my bias.

Unless it's something else pushing my ping into the half-second range.

ecale3

Sniper - May be harmful to your health.
Jul 13, 2001
Maryland Bitch.
www.ecale25.netfirms.com
Since DOM is not an option, TDM. The CTF is just not working.

And i'm lagging occasionally, albeit not very much, but i have DSL and never had lag until the randomCTF mutator was added to the server.

erehwoN

The Bass Ackwards BTL
May 30, 2001
Wyoming, USA
Visit site
My vote would be CTF, but since it won't affect me until around Jan 17th, I am not going to vote for the sake of the people that want to play there between now and then. :)

Keganator

White as Snow Moderator
Jun 19, 2001
PR's Barracks
www.kegnet.net
You can probably guess, from my two days of bitching, where my vote will go :D

Time respawn CTF == Good stuff, but the 90 seconds to respawn, while seemingly long at first, really isn't long enough; I usually wait less than 30 seconds before I play again. So...I'd suggest setting the respawntime HIGHER, to something like 5 minutes. 5 minutes is a LONG time to wait...and isn't that the idea of dying...you have to wait for not being careful?

And for the love of all that is good and holy, TURN OFF BODYSTAY AND WEAPONSTAY!!! Everyone with less than ADSL cannot play on AFA#2 if you keep it like that. It's difficult enough to play with varying pings between 300 and 400, but when it goes to 550-750, gaming becomes a love/hate relationship that I'd rather not participate in. :(

NTKB

Banned
Aug 25, 2001
New Jersey, U.S.A.
I would love it if you switched every day back and forth however CTF definately needs weapons and body stay <font size="50">OFF!!!!!</font>

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
Before one more person bitches about the bodies, the server lagged just as much when body stay was set to 25, and dropped only one nade that stayed, rather than weapons.
Its possible it even lagged more. So take that logic and stuff it. Im trying to have a serious poll here, and you all go off about bodies. The lag is probobly coming from something else, and not kegs mutator, nessesarily. Inf has something dirty it leaves behind, that is cleared by the 'rounds'.
I'd rather have a discussion about the gameplay. Or lack thereof.

FiringAimlessly

NOT going to waste another minute on CS!
Sep 18, 2001
TDM with 2-6 respawns, no weapons staying (not even nades unless that also gets rid of the nade left behind when someone pulls the pin out and dies without throwing) but corpses (or at least some indication of a firefight with casualties).

Scuddie

I am probably better than you.
Sep 29, 2001
Sacramento, CA
Visit site
Idea! FA said a TDM with 2-6 respawns... well how bout a TDM with X number of spawns, but have only one round, and have the time limit be 20+ minutes, and newcomers to the server should have the average spawns left for their lives... hmmm... I should really re-phrase that. If client joins, then his number of respawns = the mean of all other clients remaining respawns, rounded down. Anyway, it would probably speed up the action, and get rid of the hatred for the Kosovo maps, due to the 20+ minute time limit. How about that??

FiringAimlessly

NOT going to waste another minute on CS!
Sep 18, 2001
I like. :D

But what should be done when the time limit is hit without a clear victory? Should a tie be allowed, or should either lives left or kills take priority?

Prowler

"Building Better Worlds"
Jul 6, 2000
Canada
Not sure if this has been fixed but when you enter a server and a match is currently running, you can collide with the players when in fly mode. Although this is fun, it is also annoying to the other players.

The_Fur

Back in black
Nov 2, 2000
www.rlgaming.com
TDM=the enemy of entertainment, just running around and shooting people isn't my idea of fun. CTF with respawns is great, seen muchos teamwork and for a chnage shooting the other guy is really irrelevant as it should be.

DOM with respawns sounds like fun as well and is most likely the most realistic option.