PDA

View Full Version : mp3 to umx, its possible but how?


Balton
4th Jan 2002, 10:56 AM
a frined of mine converted mp3s to umx. but I never understood how he did that.
now its about time to learn that... do you can help me?

again, it is possible! he did it!

lucifix
4th Jan 2002, 11:04 AM
ive asked this question too. its somthing aboujt converting the mp3 into a WAV then into somthing else..........i never figured out how to do it :(

MrFawn
4th Jan 2002, 11:18 AM
wait for u2

Bot_40
4th Jan 2002, 11:46 AM
Not good, you need to convert it to wav, import it as a sample into a tracker prog. then play a single note using that sample.
The result is a mod file which you can import into UT. The only slight problem is that it will be crap quality and the file will be apporx 60Mb or however big the wav file was. So it's virtially impossible unless everyone in the world has a T1 :hmm:

Balton
4th Jan 2002, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Bot_40
Not good, you need to convert it to wav, import it as a sample into a tracker prog. then play a single note using that sample.
The result is a mod file which you can import into UT. The only slight problem is that it will be crap quality and the file will be apporx 60Mb or however big the wav file was. So it's virtially impossible unless everyone in the world has a T1 :hmm:

well, my frined managed to keep the file size in a moderate size.
what you described is what I also thought till he showed me how he converted a mp3. but he isnt online much in these times so I cant ask him...

Chrysaor
4th Jan 2002, 05:05 PM
Bot's right, as far as i know, but I think your wasting your time to be honest. It won't d/l, and most ppl turn music off :-/

Bot_40
4th Jan 2002, 06:25 PM
Wohoo, brilliant idea, convert DavidM's midis into .s3m s then play then in UT :tup:

Varpu
5th Jan 2002, 04:57 AM
Yeah, You can do it. I did it. The thing is, it is not a music file (umx) but an audio file (uax). You can then use this mp3 (Yeah, it retains the format) as ambient sound. I made a document for this process so it should be pretty easy for You to do it.

http://gamma.nic.fi/~ilola/Esko/Guides/SoundMP3.html

Varpu
5th Jan 2002, 05:00 AM
Originally posted by Bot_40
Wohoo, brilliant idea, convert DavidM's midis into .s3m s then play then in UT :tup:
LOL !!!!
This was exactly what I did in CTF-Aurinko]i[.... although the music author was not DavidM ... but it was a German drinking song.

DavidM
5th Jan 2002, 08:40 AM
gah, your maps dont deserve my leet midis, they are soo much leeter

RedFox
5th Jan 2002, 11:17 AM
Yeah, Nobody is allowed to listen David's midis except DavidM himself! :D

Bot_40
5th Jan 2002, 11:28 AM
I've replaced the un1337 menu music with KuddleMuddle, so sue me :p

zynthetic
7th Jan 2002, 01:31 PM
what? (http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=88620):D

AltImA
7th Jan 2002, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Bot_40
I've replaced the un1337 menu music with KuddleMuddle, so sue me :p


I WONT SUE YOU... BUT I'll BOMBARD YOUR HOUSE OF AMPLIFIED FARTS...