PDA

View Full Version : Review requests

Claw
3rd Jan 2002, 07:05 AM
Originally in the readme by Bot_40
PLEASE REVIEW THIS MAP

CTF-FinalFaceOff][ that is :D

And I'd like Bot_40's CTF-DMUT-StoneForts reviewed. Why not continue with CTF-DMUT-LostValley while you're at it? ;)

Claw
3rd Jan 2002, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by mister_cope
*cough*

Call me Erdrik
3rd Jan 2002, 10:36 AM
I concur, and agree, say yes, and affirmative, Demand that you comply, and say you shall obey.
Review these maps, and make it snappy, hurry up, and get a move on, or Ill get nappy.

hee hee lol :lol: lol j/k

but seriously thes maps could stand for some serious reviewage ;)

Bot_40
5th Jan 2002, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Claw

CTF-FinalFaceOff][ that is :D

And I'd like Bot_40's CTF-DMUT-StoneForts reviewed. Why not continue with CTF-DMUT-LostValley while you're at it? ;)

Hey, don't go volunteering my second map for review. Actually, I wouldn't mind a review of CTF-ExtremePain to see what it would get :)
I don't know why anyone like StoneForts btw. The terrain is poor (compared to what I'm working on:)) and the layout is useless. The only good bits are the caslte and dungeons :hmm:

Claw
5th Jan 2002, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Bot_40
I don't know why anyone like StoneForts btw. The terrain is poor (compared to what I'm working on:)) and the layout is useless. The only good bits are the caslte and dungeons :hmm:

Good question. I love the map. I don't care very much about the castles to be honest, although the dungeaons are neat.

But what I really like is the long and huge canyon between the bases. It's at the same time big and overseeable; you're not running through interwined paths wodering where the enemy may be, but still you can miss him on the vast path.
It somehow combines a big open tarrain with a certain confinement. There is no back door, just this single canyon.
I also like the cocept of the parallel paths on the canyon floor and high up in the cliff.
I cannot really explain it. But it impresses me. It just find the terrain aweseome. Not technically, but the massive cold rock that's all around.
I guess it's a bit like Alexander]['s idea of fighting (while being a better map than *cough*wars) - I don't run around expecting the enemy behind every corner, but instead I run along the path and wait for the (nearly) unevitable clash.
Although I got to admit I enjoyed sneaking past my enemies most.

Of course, I also enjoyed 1on1 duels with sniper rifles in DeltaForce... ;)

Claw
10th Jan 2002, 12:36 PM
*cough*Hey review ppl, anyone about to review one of these maps? Bot doesn't care for a review of FinalFaceOff][ but he didn't speak up against CTF-Stoneforts or CTF-LostValley, and clearly wants a review of CTF-ExtremePain.

I honestly couldn't say how I want to. Anyone who likes terrain should give these maps a try ('cept ExtremePain, don't know that one).

Chrysaor
12th Jan 2002, 01:59 AM
Hold your horses you inhabitant of fluidic space you.

Rabid Wolf
13th Jan 2002, 01:30 PM
ctf-extremepain is going to be reviewed

Claw
18th Jan 2002, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by Rabid Wolf
ctf-extremepain is going to be reviewed

Very well, but you know I wanted you to review one of his new maps!

Bot_40
18th Jan 2002, 09:14 AM
Now this WILL be interesting :lol:

Call me Erdrik
18th Jan 2002, 09:37 AM
I uploaded CTF-DMUT-MidKeep last nite:
www.planetunreal.com/ucz/files/CTF-Midkeep.zip

I will upload it to Nalicit as soon as NC3 is done :p
but Id like to get it reveiwed...

I posted a thread with two pics in ShowCase:
http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?postid=1004600#post1004600

Zarkazm
3rd Feb 2002, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Claw

Very well, but you know I wanted you to review one of his new maps!

Maybe I was expressing myself unclear, so I'll say it again: Review one of Bot_40's new maps!
Namely CTF-DMUT-Stoneforts and CTF-DMUT_LostValley!

Evil_Cope
4th Feb 2002, 01:50 PM
yeah, review one of bots new maps....

oh and i hereby take this sub-forum into my "protectorate empire" to fend off the advances of teh evil ninja-cat empire.

:p @ Zarka

(annexing? me?oh, spam btw)

Zarkazm
4th Feb 2002, 04:05 PM
Damn thee, damn theee!!

Bot_40
4th Feb 2002, 04:14 PM
Hmmm, I wouldn't mind a review of Lost valley, altough it's nowhere near as good as what I'm working on at the moment ;)
And I still don't like Stoneforts You have no taste :p

And I just want to see what extremepain would get, I think it'll be quite funny, but if you don't want to waste your time Rabid, I wouldn't bother :D

Zarkazm
4th Feb 2002, 04:24 PM
Stoneforts is cool.

Stop interfering Bot. Don't you have a map to do? So there.

Call me Erdrik
26th Feb 2002, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by mister_cope

oh and i hereby take this sub-forum into my "protectorate empire" to fend off the advances of teh evil ninja-cat empire.

yes! and I give my 'Dark Knights' in allegence to the "Protectorate Empire"!

Down with teh evil ninja-cat empire!!!!

oh and: reveiw CTF-LostValley. It is much cool!