PDA

View Full Version : Looking for...

AMmayhem
2nd Jan 2002, 09:33 PM
Some DM and/or CTF maps that have an outside setting. Something like CTF-Kosov, DM-Tundra, or CTF-Valley of Giants. I've been looking for new maps and I tend to like the outdoors ones better.

Just want to see what you guys think are the good ones.

Evil_Cope
2nd Jan 2002, 10:23 PM
you seriously want to keep an eye out for CTF-Stoneforts][

ive seen a beta. it had no bases or anything. just the terrain. and the terrain owned. i see it shaping up to be one hell of a map.

project x2 is quite good btw :)

StoneViper
2nd Jan 2002, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by mister_cope
projectX2 is quite good btw :)

Project X2 is absolutely magnificent. It came from the mind of a genious

Chrysaor
3rd Jan 2002, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by StoneViper

Project X2 is absolutely magnificent. It came from the mind of a genious

Ya, i must admit, it definetly stands out :)

Call me Erdrik
3rd Jan 2002, 08:44 AM
CTF-StoneForts][ will OWN Projectx2!!!!!!

(even tho I haven't played px2 yet :p Tho I have played the beta for stoneforts][ and as Cope said its terrain OWNZZ!!)

OH! and you should check out CTF-DMUT-LostValley by Bot_40 it is VERY cool ;) plenty of outdoors, and caves to run around in and through , ect....

Bot_40
3rd Jan 2002, 09:37 AM
:o

AMmayhem
3rd Jan 2002, 09:38 AM
Project X2 you say? Well at 6 megs looks like I'm going to be occupied for 10-15 minutes. It looks sweet from the screenshots.

Astyanax
3rd Jan 2002, 10:56 AM
Try CTF-Shadar. It's like px2, but I think it's even bigger and it looks just as good. Just don't get lost! ;)

Bot_40
3rd Jan 2002, 03:02 PM
Shadar = no 1 map for atmosphere EVER :tup:
Shadar is nowhere NEAR as fun to play a PX2 though, it's sooo big it's too empty, the whole map funnels into that deviding wall, no sort of alternate route :hmm:
There's a lot of parts that aren't relly useful like the caves, ok, there are some goodies in there but it's just so far away from the bases that there's no need to ge there :(
It's worth having on your drive just as a mapping reference if anything lol

AMmayhem
3rd Jan 2002, 04:04 PM
LOL at Bot_40's pic for CTF-DMUT-LostValley.

"Wish you were here!"

That's pretty good. Well just those 2 maps (CTF-DMUT-LostValley, and CTF-Project X2) took me about 45 minutes to download. They're both really cool.

StoneViper
4th Jan 2002, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by Bot_40
...PX2 though, it's sooo big it's too empty, the whole map funnels into that deviding wall, no sort of alternate route...

what are you saying? i've never seen a map with more alternate routes. not to mention that the bots use each and every one equally. it took a genious to build it and a genious to path it.

Bot_40
4th Jan 2002, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by StoneViper

what are you saying? i've never seen a map with more alternate routes. not to mention that the bots use each and every one equally. it took a genious to build it and a genious to path it.

I'm watching you and yer mis-quoting. Don't go putting ... instead of what I said ;)

Edit: unless you relly didn't take note of the first part of the sentance and didn't relly see I was atlking about Shadar :hmm:

StoneViper
6th Jan 2002, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by Bot_40

I'm watching you and yer mis-quoting. Don't go putting ... instead of what I said ;)

Edit: unless you relly didn't take note of the first part of the sentance and didn't relly see I was atlking about Shadar :hmm:

it was hard to tell what map you were talking about, the"..." means i blurted out what i thought didn't have to do with my response.

MrFawn
6th Jan 2002, 09:21 AM
my face clone

ctf bridge!

Mxtrmntr
6th Jan 2002, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by MrFawn
my face clone

ctf bridge!

The huge or the small one? :D

@kuma
6th Jan 2002, 10:39 AM