A mutator idea...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

MadWoffen

Soon! ©
May 27, 2001
Belgium
www.bifff.net
Something messed in AFA2 where our ghosts were able to kill with knife. I proposed to train us to knife fighting between ghosts but some people also profited to kill live ones...and this idea came to me:

ppl whine about staying dead too long while others are camping, why not make a muttie where dead ones will be able to fight each others (in a non-team DM) in an etheral plane with pistol only or knife only ? :D

I think it could be fun to pass time like that, deads will be between them (no more ghost reckonning) and will come back to the game when the living ones have finished.

Wadaya think ? :)
Could it be possible ?

jaeg

PopeyeTurbo
Oct 18, 2000
Spending a little too much time in those Amsterdamn coffee shops again MadWoffen? :)

erehwoN

The Bass Ackwards BTL
May 30, 2001
Wyoming, USA
Visit site
I posed a similar question to yurch once online, but mine was simply have ghosts be able to see other ghosts. He asked 'Why, you wanna have ghost knife duels?' I thought it would be a good idea. I'm interested to see what comes out of this.

{Ghetto_Ghepetto}

I am #1 Asian big boob queen!
Jun 4, 2001
CA
That sounds like a GREAT idea! I really get bored sometimes during those HUGE maps when there are only two people on the opposite ends of the map...i.e. Extreme Prejudice.

Keganator

White as Snow Moderator
Jun 19, 2001
PR's Barracks
www.kegnet.net
and then, you could set bPlayerSeePawn to false for every living person, and true for every spectator, for those people who are dead. Mmm...death knife duels! :D

Hmm...It wouldn't be taht hard, I don't think...

DallasStarsRule

making personal insults since 1999
Nov 7, 2001
Toronto
www.teammuf.com
THAT IS A SWEET IDEA!

really!

But it might encourage what you call ' rushing ' since you might have more fun being dead.

I probably would.

Really that's a pretty cool idea though.

MadWoffen

Soon! ©
May 27, 2001
Belgium
www.bifff.net
Originally posted by Dakin
Small.. "Q", what are we gonna do with the dead.. who die? ;)

I suggest a limited random location respawn until the end of the game. Knife is funny but pistol could be funnier... :)

Remember, it will be a DM, not a TDM. Ppl come to INF to play in teams and we will have CTF and EAS in the future (more interesting than DM).

BobTheFearlessFish

Jun 2, 2000
Nottingham, England
i like the idea. knife fighting was kinda fun while afa 2 was messed up. If ghosts respawn but cannot be seen by live players, and ghosts cannot see live players it could be good. i cont see it being too hard to do, i would prefer pistol duels to knife fights. perhaps an option client side to decide whether you want to take part or not

TitanBlue

KATSU AKIGATA WA NAN DESUKA
Jul 27, 2001
Visit site
/me supports valhalla-mutator idea :)

just knife or pistol for all. Perhaps with an 'unlimited ammo' option, cause some people would 'drop-in' later with full magazines while yours are nearly empty.

Another idea could be that you enter 'valhalla' with your last loadout :D

TitanBlue

{GD}Ghost

Counter Terrorist Operative
Mar 25, 2001
Classified
home.attbi.com
Originally posted by MadWoffen
Something messed in AFA2 where our ghosts were able to kill with knife. I proposed to train us to knife fighting between ghosts but some people also profited to kill live ones...and this idea came to me:

ppl whine about staying dead too long while others are camping, why not make a muttie where dead ones will be able to fight each others (in a non-team DM) in an etheral plane with pistol only or knife only ? :D

I think it could be fun to pass time like that, deads will be between them (no more ghost reckonning) and will come back to the game when the living ones have finished.

Wadaya think ? :)
Could it be possible ?

Death isn't supposed to be fun. That is the incentive, though a very small one, NOT to die.

MadWoffen

Soon! ©
May 27, 2001
Belgium
www.bifff.net
What do you know about death, ...Ghost ? :)

Seriously: I don't think it's an incentive. Maybe at start because it'll be new but later ppl will want to play cooperative games not just DM.
And while match could last 30min or more in big maps, I think it could help ppl to pass time.

DEFkon

Shhh
Dec 23, 1999
Visit site
i posed a similar suggestion last year :p

but it was shot down by the arguement: we want players to value they're lives in Infiltration.

{Ghetto_Ghepetto}

I am #1 Asian big boob queen!
Jun 4, 2001
CA
I vote on knives over pistols...I just ...like knives:)

An idea: One v one knife duels...the who wins stays on...and the rest can spectate instead of spectating the actual game. The duels can take place in a small room or something...lol look what I've done. But you guys gotta admit you like my idea...not the small room part :p