View Full Version : JaFO's Bot-editor v2.5 (beta) : suggestions & fixes
2nd Jan 2002, 08:49 AM
You've probably seen the review of my v2.0 bot editor on the Modsquad-site.
If you've know of any bugs (you like to see fixed), features (to be added) or other (constructive) comments you'd like to make :
post them here and I'll see what I can do before the next release :)
Some of the stuff that's will be fixed in v2.5 (as far as I could re-produce them without your help ... ) :
- possible cause of the access violation (reason : bots only show up in the ini-file after you've changed them in UT)
- better support for playermodels
- problems with the ini-file if it wasn't located in the system-directory ...
- support for UnF beta2v8 (ie the beta UnF that was released recently)
2nd Jan 2002, 07:37 PM
Good news !
Bot Editor version 2.5 (alfa) is available for testing ...
mail or ICQ me if you want to do some testing ;) ...
e-mail : JaFO18@Hotmail.com (subject should be "JBE 2.5 betatester")
2nd Jan 2002, 08:10 PM
i got a question about bot editor 2.0....... is there a way to save all bots at once without picking each of them (btw i use your utility and think its the best thing since er... um... worm)
3rd Jan 2002, 04:01 AM
It 'autosaves' all bots ...
there should be no need to manually save them all, altough you might want to do so for the last bot you've edited.
(I'll see if I can make this bit more user-friendly in the next version)
7th Jan 2002, 04:59 AM
Latest features :
- custom models/skins/voices work perfectly :D
If anyone has some non-standard models => contact me and I'll mail you the latest version.
I think it's easy to use and extend, but do you ?
So far I've got :
- all the models from the bonuspack (ie Nali, Skaarj, etc.)
- Dire Avenger
The models from the Pearman- (http://www.planetunreal.com/pearman/) & Operation Stingray (http://www.planetunreal.com/stingray/) will be in too. Those mods will get their own default-settings too ...
Speaking of mod-support :
Jailbreak & Dr Strangelove (both in their current versions) will be added to the list of mods I'll provide the basic settings for.
Things to do :
- change the player-settings (your own name/model/skin/voice/team-settings)
- randomize skins for multiple bots (which was mentioned in the review as a 'buggy' feature)
- name-generator so you won't have to use the default UT-names or think of 32+ names for yourself. If anyone knows sources for this stuff it would be useful.
- and some top secret stuff (only beta-testers will get to see it before release ;))
14th Jan 2002, 04:09 PM
The beta-testers will soon find out what this picture really means ...
16th Jan 2002, 04:36 PM
ei hee hee heee i cant wait! my specialist bots already rule!
how could it be any better?
16th Jan 2002, 05:18 PM
If you really can't wait ... => just send an e-mail to JaFO18@Hotmail.Com (subject 'JBE v2.5 Beta-tester') and you get to see the new version as it grows :D
If you've found some useful settings for your bots ... you could mail them to me and I'll make sure they're included in the next release.
Current alfa-version includes support for the infamous X-bots-mutator (that's what the combobox in the attached image is for) ...
GUI has changed a bit too :
16th Jan 2002, 05:33 PM
i would send an e-mail for beta tester you see but i already am one! (firstname.lastname@example.org)
17th Jan 2002, 02:08 AM
:lol: ... I didn't realise you was him ;)
That's what you get with these aliases if you don't tell people who you really are :p
29th Jan 2002, 06:03 PM
just a little update on the current look ...
17th Feb 2002, 12:37 PM
another change in the main-screen
17th Feb 2002, 12:39 PM
And just in case you hadn't guessed what that button next to the botname does ...
Here is a (not so subtle) hint ;)
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.