X Box vs PC lets debate

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

J. Speed

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
Nov 21, 2001
USA
Visit site
Logically speaking (but there's another side to the argument-read below) the PC is the way to go for one reason I can think of: Upgradeability. You cant do that with an XBOX as far as I know. As technology advances MS will have to develop an XBOX 2 with more processing power. So you shell out another 300.00 unless they will offer a discount to those customers that already have an XBOX.

It could also be argued that buying an XBOX for 300.00 is no more expensive than buying a new Video Card for your PC. With the PC you have to worry about not only buying a new gaming card but also the possibility up upgrading your PC as well. So in the long run overall you will pay more to upgrade your PC.

The PC also does not have any rumble effect which I think is awesome for the XBOX. The only problem w/ the Box is there is no keyboard or mouse.. There is also the possibily you will have to pay a service charge to play games on the Box when it officially goes online. I think that would be a big disservice to players. You are already paying a Cable or DSL monthly fee and then you have to turn around and pay another fee. If XBOX does charge a fee it should be a one time fee.

All comments are welcome.

Dai

Orgasmetron
Apr 2, 2000
Finding a new low
Visit site
if you want to play the best looking, most bugfree games, get an Xbox or whatever other console is hot at the moment.

If you want a machine that you can do usefull stuff with and play games on, get a PC (or Mac).

If you're rich, get everything.

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
Microsoft will probably release a mouse and keyboard for the Xbox when there internet service goes live. and you can also play xbox games ove lamespy for free right now.

J. Speed

Nov 21, 2001
USA
Visit site
Oh really T()()L? What makes you say this? Are you privy to certain info. that no one else knows about? I hope you are right.

Dai, based on your comments, its too easy to simply the matter-thats a cheap response. Everyone cannot afford all of these gadgets. I dont know too many young kids who can go out and buy a PlayStation 2, an XBOX, and do a major overhaul on their PC all at one time.

I can buy/have an XBOX and overhaul my PC which is exactly what I did. Im not wealthy, but I do own my own home, car etc..., but thats beside the point. The Box is not bug free either. Games sometimes (more than often) come with bugs.

Point is MS should have/ provide some kind of keyboard and mouse support, and to charge players a monthly fee to play games online would be a slap in the face even if you can afford it. Its the principle. Then again Adam Smith's theories seem to play a role in everything in corporate society...I'll expect to see some kind of online fee for the Box when the online service is turned on.

Last edited:

Dai

Orgasmetron
Apr 2, 2000
Finding a new low
Visit site
You'd think that someone who says stuff like "Unreal Warfare is going to be the best game ever. Trust me.", without having seen anything from the game, would be riding the short buss to school. :rolleyes:

J. Speed

Nov 21, 2001
USA
Visit site
Hal I told that fool Dai to back off a long time ago. I dont know whats got him flustered..its almost like someone stuck something up his you know what for a new years remedy. He started this mess and Im ending it Now.

Status
Not open for further replies.