PDA

View Full Version : Bounty Hunters 1 is here!!!!!!!

Smoke39
29th Dec 2001, 03:52 AM
Here's that project I've been yacking about for a while now: Bounty Hunters. It makes everyone a bounty hunter with a bunch of gadgets and such. I've just completed 1 and I'm rather pleased with it. Download it now and tell me what you think!

someguy_99
29th Dec 2001, 12:17 PM
A: The download isn't there.
B: Could you send me a copy?

Smoke39
29th Dec 2001, 01:37 PM
Well don't I feel silly. I'll send it immediately.

Smoke39
29th Dec 2001, 01:41 PM
Eh, your e-mail address is what?

someguy_99
30th Dec 2001, 12:12 AM
I've told you many times. That_neil_man@hotmail.com.

Kangus
30th Dec 2001, 05:25 PM
definitely needs that HUD... & another way of zooming other than bExtra3... (kangus hates keybindings)
I like what you've got so far though.

Smoke39
30th Dec 2001, 09:13 PM
I'm working on the HUD right now. What would you suggest I use for zooming?

Kangus
31st Dec 2001, 10:34 AM
errr... actually, stick with bExtra3, as all your other button combos are full up.

Smoke39
31st Dec 2001, 04:45 PM
Exactly. The new HUD's gonna look like you're looking out of a helmet. I'm still not sure how I'm gonna handle ammo. I was thinking of letting everyone have a ship that would act as home base so to speak, where you could reload and heal. I'm not sure how to implement the ships though. Teleporting them in w/ a marker is lame, and I can't make you fly them into the level and land wherever you want because many levels are closed. What do you all think?

Raden
3rd Jan 2002, 09:03 PM
No offense but this is unbalanced even for my taste.

I like the zero ammo thing: after all it's a gadget, a doohickey, a thingymabobber... what ammo could it use?

I like that. Cause you die too much for ammo to even matter ;)

but: it's way too unbalanced. What's my incentive to use anything besides the instant-kill, too-rapid-fire bullet function?

again, telporting will prevent damage from poison or fire. I bet the code was ripped straight out of Pain. Doesn't matter to me though, just thought I would mention it. It isn't much of a big deal.

The flamethrower's range, I'd bump up a little.

Suicides could cut your frag value (for when you get killed) in half. I wouldn't value someone as much if they killed themselves ;)

then again that might make people just suicide so they aren't worth as much thereby dragging the game into the pits of hell for being very long, so... maybe not.

and please for the love of God. Let us know what is selected by printing something on the screen when you change fire modes. That was a bitch to deal with with the Multiple Unit Launch Engine, and it's a bitch to deal with here. Nothing better than thinking you're going to fire a poison dart from long range, and instead fire a short spurt of flame, only to be unable to recover from surprising your enemy and being blown away by their bullet functions. :mad: @ that. Please, PLEASE, add some little text that tells you what mode you're in.

Smoke39
4th Jan 2002, 01:12 PM
New beta! Thank you for only complaining about stuff I was changing! Go get the new one! It has nifty mode selection icons! Yeah!

Dragonfly_of_Forgery
6th Jan 2002, 09:06 PM
Stuff:

Sometimes I remain stunned\deactivated\electromagnecially discharged\ after I die.

I am guessing that the grapple does not set you physics to PHYS_Falling, because if you use it on the ground you remain stuck to the floor.

Balance is icky. I can't see any reason for using the sawblades instead of the rifle. Though I can see usfulness in most of the other weapons.

The flamethrower flames disappear when you fire it into a wall.

Your buttons are all crooked! Crooked in the nozzle!

I like the slightly curvy HuD, it gives a nice feel... perhaps instead of making the message thing show through, you could just move the message thing to somewhere else? Although you'll run short on screensize covering the middle with hud stuff.

I would like confirmation for when I hit someone with a poison dart. Sometimes its hard to tell.

Probably more, don't remember...

Smoke39
6th Jan 2002, 10:56 PM
Looks like you replied in the wrong thread. :D

Stuff:
Should be taken care of in 3 (just released).

Fixed in 3, although not by setting you physics to falling.

As is indicated in the readme, balance has just been begun, not polished.

What would you have them do?

They're being projected onto you visor, which is curved.

You might like the shinyness added in 3. Sometime I'm gonna make the messages just go over the blackness.

Perhaps I'll make it spawn a bit of blood.