Counter

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

mr.Pac Stealy

Getting better...
Dec 4, 2000
A lost place in Holland.
I've got a question about the counter which they also use is DM-Codex. The counter triggers a mover when 4 points have been shot. This only works one time. In my level this counter must work more than one time. Where can I set this, or is there another way to do this?
The idea is, that some movers may not move until two triggers have been shot. And it must be possible that it can happen more times.

Also another question about movers. I set the StayOpenTime and the OtherTime to 0, but still the movers stops for just a little time between the numkeys. There are six numkeys, but that shouldn't be the problem, is it?

Techno JF

He Who Has Powerful Words
Well, I think that the only fix that doesn't require coding is to use a complex set of triggers that center around a RoundRobin instead. Let me see if I can explain this:

You have the two triggers that should open the mover. Give them different tags and set them both to the OtherTriggerToggles state. Each trigger has the event name of a dispatcher, which first turns that trigger off and then triggers a RoundRobin. The RoundRobin has bLoop set to True and has a blank event in the first OutEvents blank. The second OutEvent blank triggers a third dispatcher with the following events: (1 and 2) turn the original triggers back on, and (3) triggers the mover.

I suggest you copy that to a text file and try to work with it from there.

mr.Pac Stealy

Getting better...
Dec 4, 2000
A lost place in Holland.
Thanks for the help. I think I need that text file. But if it works I'm the happy men. I try it right away. Not sure what you mean at the time, but maybe when I'm working with the editor everything gets clear.

I tried couple of things, but I find out (I didn't know) that the counter only works one time. Isn't there a way to reset the counter when it worked one time. I tried it in a way with a timertrigger, but it didn't work properly. Any suggestions?

Ah, what am I saying, I'm first going to try the suggestion of TechnoArcher.
Later.

mr.Pac Stealy

Getting better...
Dec 4, 2000
A lost place in Holland.
You're a pro in Paint, that's for sure!lol!
But I do understand it now, only what do I fill in the OutEvent blank part. Is it the name of the dispatcher or Roundrobin?
I now understand which objects has to be linked with what objects, thanks to the graphical support.
So what do I fill in the Rounrobert which links to the third dispatcher? The event tag, or the OutEvent and if it is the OutEvent, what to set there?
Because I don't see connectionlines between the Roundrobert and the dispatcher.
I don't know what dispatchers are for example, and also the RoundRobert is a question for me.
Thanks for all the help so far! I know for sure I will succeed!

Techno JF

Yes, at the tail of each arrow, you have an actor with a certain Event name. In the case of Dispatchers and RoundRobins, you put this in the marked OutEvents label. At the head of each arrow, you have an actor whose Tag matches the Event at the tail.

So, to answer your question, you fill in the tags of the actors that you want the Dispatcher or RoundRobin to trigger.

Now, to clarify things, I'll give quick explanations of Dispatchers and RoundRobins.

A Dispatcher is a single actor that is used to trigger many things all in one action. You can also put time delays to make it wait a short time before triggering the next Event in its list, but you don't need to do that here. So, one of these Dispatchers will instantly trigger ALL of its events when something triggers it.

A RoundRobin has a set of events like a Dispatcher, but it works more like a switch. The first time you trigger a RoundRobin, it will trigger whatever OutEvents[0] matches. The second time, it will trigger OutEvents[1], and so on, until it gets to the end of its list. At that point, it will go back to the first event if bLoop=True, or it will shut down if bLoop=False.

So, here's an in-depth description of what this complex trigger machine does:
The player shoots either one of the Triggers, and it triggers a Dispatcher. That Dispatcher does two things: it triggers the RoundRobin, and it turns off the Trigger that was shot. This is so that the player can't just shoot the same Trigger twice to make the Mover work.

What does the RoundRobin do? Nothing, since we intentially left OutEvents[0] blank.

Then the player shoots the other Trigger, and something similar happens. That Trigger's Dispatcher triggers the RoundRobin and turns off the shot Trigger.

Now what does the RoundRobin do? Well, we made OutEvents[1] the tag of that last Dispatcher, so that's what becomes triggered next. That Dispatcher turns both original Triggers back on again, and then it triggers the Mover.

I hope I'm not bombarding you with too much information. I really am trying to be helpful.

mr.Pac Stealy

Getting better...
Dec 4, 2000
A lost place in Holland.
Don't dare to ask another question, but really this is the last one. When I fill in the movers in the OutEvent[1], it won't work. When I fill it in the OutEvent[0] it works. Can you explain this. I shoot both triggers but it looks like the RoundRobin doesn't count the triggers.
When the OutEvent[0] is filled, the RoundRobin works on both triggers. So that's not the problem.
bLoop is set to true also.
I just can't get it to work.

Techno JF

Okay, I think I know the problem. It looks like you actually have to trigger something with the OutEvents[0] blank.

So here's what you do. For that blank, fill in the Event of "MakeNaliFriendly", and then put a MakeNaliFriendly actor (a type of Keypoint) in your level somewhere. That way, the RoundRobin actually triggers something with the first blank. I assume there are no Nali in your level, right? ;)