Is there a difference in version layout?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

dark~t

Dec 27, 2001
I've got a little problem and I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

I installed UnrealEd for Unreal and updated with UT and the patches but when I load up the editor for UT I get the same old UnrealEd I was using for DeusEx only all of the Unreal classes and textures are there.

Am I right in assuming that the updated UnrealEd for UT has exactly the same look because I remember reading that the version for UT looks comletley different from the one for DeusEx and unreal because of the upgrades but I may have missread.

So has the DeusEx version caused this and I have to re-install Unreal and UT without the DeusEx SDK installed or does the latest version look exactly the same?

dark~t

Dec 27, 2001
Yes I open UnrealEd for Unreal and it comes up with the old version with all the unreal classes and textures . If I open the one for DeusEx it comes up with the old one and it has all the classes for DeusEx so I don't think it has been overwritten but it may be being prevented from updating but I can't be sure.

Last edited:

dark~t

Dec 27, 2001
After an hour and a half re-installing and checking all the dll's I have found out the problem.

I was infact loading up the wrong editor like you said becasue I was assuming that it updated the original editor and that it was still in the unreal sytem directory and not the UT one.

Well I'm going to find a brick wall to go and bash my head against so thanks for the help:)

Out of interest what kind of maps are more popular at the moment it's just that I was planning on starting a CTF map in a couple of days.