Debugging Bot Paths

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mr Roboto

Jul 6, 2001
Canada eh!
Visit site
I've searched the forums for answers to this issue and it my have been asked before, but seeing as you guys are getting bored waiting for the next editor to arrive. I thought I would ask anyway.

I've created a CTF map and used PathLogic to create bot paths. I started out with one path going from home base to the enemy base and back. I then tried playing the game with several bots and all they did was run around the base collecting all the ammo etc.

One did make it to the enemy base eventually, I don't think that they started in their base but just outside. When the bot got to the enemy base they just ran around collecting all the ammo etc. ignoring the flag. I am using the correct flag not just the decoration one and I have assigned teams to the flags, player starts etc.

These bots are on an inferior model than myself. So if anyone could provide help in debugging them I would appreciate it.

Merry Christmas Earthlings :D

Mr Roboto

Jul 6, 2001
Canada eh!
Visit site
Thanks.
The gametype was the default none. I've typed in CTF if this is all you do.
I used PathLogic again and tried several paths from one base to the other and back again. The bots are moving around more but still don't go after the flag, they just want to collect ammo and fight. While this is a step in the right direction it's still far from being right.
I've only used standard path nodes at this point and will try the other pathnodes later.
Question I have is how do you debug the paths?
I've attached a picture of the map with paths showing and as you can see it's messy and needs cleaning up.
Looking for suggestions :rolleyes:

Hourences

Aug 29, 2000
Belgium/Holland/Sweden
www.Hourences.com
common prob, had it too a long time ago, mostly happends cause you have place the flag wrtong, like placing it and then moving it up or down, so out of the floor or more in it, this causes probs for the bots, delete your 2 flags, and then replace them, and DONT lower of heigher them once they are set, to the left or right, front or back shouldnt be a prob

and it has totaly nothing to do with the gameinfo, gameinfo is totaly not requiered actually, only does some extra things

Mr Roboto

Jul 6, 2001
Canada eh!
Visit site
Thanks.

Fixed up the game type, bots still didn't function properly :(

Re-doing the flags made the big difference. Now they appear stuck in the floor instead of the point just touching the floor. After I did that and tried the game I had an onslaught of bots attacking my base :D

Now to try alternative pathnodes and defend pathnodes as well as trying to keep the bots out of the lava.

If anyone has some tips, it might save me some headaches :)

Once again many thanks :)

Cursed_Soul

Now known as Luos_83
Jan 13, 2001
dordrecht
www.vladderbeest.com
look @ ctf-ranel for pathnodestuff, and heres soem help (a lill)

ow and hourences... me and fuzzpils found out that it can make a BIG difference if the gameinfo is set 2 none of deathmach / capture the flag/vriker etc...

Hourences

Aug 29, 2000
Belgium/Holland/Sweden
www.Hourences.com
yes duh, thing slike vortexriker gametype, but not for the default, dm type, only bad things you can have then is stuff that when you open the map with an open XXX command that he plays dm, even if its another type of map
but it totaly doesnt do anything about the bots, or chrashes the game or whatever, look how many maps dont have it youll be suprised

Cursed_Soul

Now known as Luos_83
Jan 13, 2001
dordrecht
www.vladderbeest.com
i cant play dom without the proper dom settings(even ingame, ask fuzzpilz couse i had that prob bout half a year ago.... it was kinda sucky when i entered an online dom battle and my pc still thought it was dm... it crashed after some time... but still weird)