PDA

View Full Version : .unr.uz files

StoneViper
22nd Dec 2001, 07:20 PM
What is a '.uz' file┐ Anyone know how to make one┐ I'm dying to know.

Hourences
22nd Dec 2001, 07:46 PM
i thought a compressed map, used for servers so they could easyer send the map to the client on download

not sure though

Chrysaor
23rd Dec 2001, 01:54 AM
I believe Hourences is right. Wouldn't bet money on it, but it does have something to do with servers :)

StoneViper
23rd Dec 2001, 02:05 AM
how do i creat this file then so servers will consider my maps┐

Bot_40
23rd Dec 2001, 10:20 AM
You want a map on a server, get a 8+ on nalicity and get on the hotlist, then you might find it on a few servers.
You can search to see if your map is being played if you go to ut.ngworldstats.com and run a map search.
One of my maps got a 7 and got on the NC hotlist, according to ng stats it's been played 296 times :)
That gives me a warm feeling inside :)

StoneViper
23rd Dec 2001, 10:41 PM
yeah, my ctf-face2000 is like rank of 250 in all the ctf maps

Varpu
23rd Dec 2001, 10:46 PM
Seems like it would be a good idea to embed the "face" into a name of a map. It will immediately get a LOT more attention. Some suggestions for new map names:
CTF-Facetard
CTF-Feces
CTF-BruisedFaces
CTF-ImFacingThis

And the files are packed versions ... You can create them by UCC with proper command line options. These are not only the maps, it is textures, sounds etc... as well.

StoneViper
23rd Dec 2001, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by Varpu
Seems like it would be a good idea to embed the "face" into a name of a map. It will immediately get a LOT more attention.

but i was a n00b back then; not with ued, but to the whole map distribution thing. I really with i could go back in time to change the name of it. People think mappers are n00bs when they place face in the name of there maps.

Originally posted by Varpu
And the files are packed versions ... You can create them by UCC with proper command line options. These are not only the maps, it is textures, sounds etc... as well. [/B]

what is this [i]proper command line[i] thing and where can i get UCC?

StoneViper
23rd Dec 2001, 11:41 PM
btw, is it legal to change the name of your maps┐┐┐

Hourences
24th Dec 2001, 08:38 AM
varpu come a bit too irc again pls :)

StealthDP
27th Dec 2001, 03:01 AM
UCC is in your UnrealTournament\System directory. You can compress UT files (.unr, .utx, etc.) by typing "ucc compress <filename>". That will create a .uz file.

StealthDP
www.stealthdp.com

StoneViper
28th Dec 2001, 12:41 AM
wow, thanks