someguy_99
22nd Dec 2001, 12:01 AM
RL?

Postal
22nd Dec 2001, 11:26 AM
as in "real life"

someguy_99
22nd Dec 2001, 04:26 PM
Why would you ask people if they hate RL mods if you're working on one yourself?

Postal
22nd Dec 2001, 04:49 PM
Why should I tell you what Im thinking, perhaps were going to make it into a Matrix mod. Im trying to guage peoples reactions here at WoD to rl mods.

Smoke39
22nd Dec 2001, 11:35 PM
I really don't see what your problem is w/ RL mods. I suppose they're slightly over abundant, but most of them have their own take on realism.

Dragonfly_of_Forgery
7th Jan 2002, 11:45 PM
It's not realism mods that are bad... I would love a mod about being a firefighter.

Kangus
8th Jan 2002, 12:26 PM
yes, the problem is with the overabundance of real world weapon based counterterrorism mods.... I wanna be a firefighter!

Smoke39
8th Jan 2002, 07:48 PM
Hey Neuroflare, is our Japanese thingy gonna be realistic? It'll be a refreshing sort of realism mod if it will.

Kangus
9th Jan 2002, 12:10 AM
realistic japanese mod? yay! that sounds almost as fun as fireman!

Psycho_Leech
25th Jan 2002, 03:48 PM
I'll add my name to the list of people who hate RL mods:
Psycho_Leech
Psycho_Leech
Psycho_Leech
Psycho_Leech
Psycho_Leech
Psycho_Leech
Psycho_Leech
Psycho_Leech
Psycho_Leech
Psycho_Leech
Psycho_Leech
Psycho_Leech
Psycho_Leech
Psycho_Leech
Psycho_Leech
I just don't like the gameplay, stealthily moving with a sniper rifle, you could have had one from serveral, the only real difference is you could remember the sequence of letters and numbers for that one, be very slow, careful, oh dear, you've just been picked off by someone you didn't know was there, too bad!
SCREW THAT! I WANT CHAOS! BLOOD! DESTRUCTION! WEAPONS THAT ARE ACTUALLY DIFFERENT TO EACH OTHER! (And have cool names)
The most important one there, being the last, I do actually employ some stealth sometimes, like when I have 5 health. (Isn't it great when you capture the flag with less than 5 health points?)
A firefighter mod sounds pretty cool though, since that wouldn't be an attempt to be like everyone else.
I'm not entirely sure what the Japanese mod thing would be, sounds interesting.

Postal
27th Jan 2002, 01:00 PM
My rant, my wonderfull rant, youve ruined it.

Ok, time to abuse the moderators powers I had requested to be removed from me.