PDA

View Full Version : Unreal map install problems

anthem70
20th Dec 2001, 03:05 PM
d4mn, I just installed win2k Pro (NTFS) on my computer, I can play the game and use the editor but when I download maps from nali city and put them in the map folder they don't show up in my map list when I play. The properties of the maps say they are .TXT files.
I went to control panels under file types and it says open .unr files with unreal tournament but the icon is all jacked and it is still .TXT. With windows 98 I haven't had any problems. My friend suggested reinstalling unreal? Any help would be appreciated.

Cat Fuzz
20th Dec 2001, 07:48 PM
Yer not putting the readme's in your maps folder by mistake are you?

anthem70
21st Dec 2001, 03:41 PM
No, I have a special folder for my read-me files. The maps even have the extension .unr. I have been doing this for about a year but now i have a new OS.

Rukee
21st Dec 2001, 04:01 PM
If you just go to the map file and double click it will it run???
If it asks for "open with" tell it UT....if it`s not on the list tell it "other" and then find UT.....try in once first and if it works....tell it always use this program to open.
See if that works.

Rukee
21st Dec 2001, 04:10 PM
will it happen if you get maps from other sites???
Try this map and see if it works.

random self pimping of DM-Toberus}{ (http://www.fileplanet.com/index.asp?scope=0&section=0&submit.x=16&submit.y=6&sort=dls&order=desc&file=82591)

SpiritWalker
21st Dec 2001, 05:21 PM
Rukee is right.. try that..
also check your "view files" option..
it isn't the OS...

anthem70
2nd Jan 2002, 03:00 PM
I gave all of those ideas a shot and it still doesn't work, Any other ideas out there? Thanks for the map rukee.