PDA

View Full Version : Unreal Tournament 2 confirmed

Rev.Whoopass
19th Dec 2001, 08:41 PM
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/r/?domain=&feed=index&page=http://www.computerandvideogames.com/news/news_story_main.php?id=23094

Assymilator
19th Dec 2001, 09:11 PM
Infogrames UK has just issued the following statement regarding the release schedule we received yesterday and the existence of Unreal Tournament 2.

"The release schedule that was emailed out contained erroneous information," said Simon Callaghan, PR manager for the publisher. "Unreal Tournament 2 was a typing error and should have read as Unreal 2. It should have been removed from the 2002 section once it was moved to May 24, 2002 upon finalization of its release date, but was accidentally left on there and listed incorrectly. Infogrames has no official comment regarding the existence of an Unreal Tournament 2."

hal
19th Dec 2001, 09:44 PM
Infogrames has issued the following release:

"We would like to announce that those who sacked those who made the erroneous report... have been sacked."

"Furthermore, those who sacked those who sacked those who were sacked... have been sacked."

BuLLsOnParade
19th Dec 2001, 10:48 PM
lol

IntRed
20th Dec 2001, 04:04 AM
L:lol:L
damnet, and i was looking forward to that game, what i don't understand is that they were talking about unreal tournament 2, and not unreal 2
they talked about beefed up ut weapons, vehicle support, all of this wich cannot be found in unreal II
:con:

NeoNite
20th Dec 2001, 09:36 AM
A new game! Unreal war tournament championship!

Nemephosis
21st Dec 2001, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by Assymilator
Infogrames UK has just issued the following statement regarding the release schedule we received yesterday and the existence of Unreal Tournament 2.

"The release schedule that was emailed out contained erroneous information," said Simon Callaghan, PR manager for the publisher. "Unreal Tournament 2 was a typing error and should have read as Unreal 2. It should have been removed from the 2002 section once it was moved to May 24, 2002 upon finalization of its release date, but was accidentally left on there and listed incorrectly. Infogrames has no official comment regarding the existence of an Unreal Tournament 2."

Oh my God in Heaven there are still people that believe this.

Lemme explain a little something. How the hell can you typo "Unreal 2" as "Unreal Tournament 2"?

That just smacks of a lame cover story. "oh, uh, it was a typo" SURE it was.

You don't think someone could have leaked the story?

Yeah, they didn't expect the alpha of Unreal 2 to be leaked either. Guess what happened there?

Assymilator
21st Dec 2001, 09:33 AM
UT2 is the same as Unreal Warfare from what I'm told.

Major-Lee-High
24th Dec 2001, 12:51 AM
that what i thought

Nemephosis
24th Dec 2001, 03:01 PM
Yes, UT2 = UW.

But why would they talk about it then say "oops we facked up, never mind"?

I think they are TRYING to confuse Unreal communities on purpose. :D

Wowbagger[$FCE2]
24th Dec 2001, 04:24 PM
No UT2=UC

Microsoft havent given them permission to announce it yet.

Thats my guess atleast :D

LandWarrior
26th Dec 2001, 10:03 AM
Unreal 2: single player game with godlike graphics, developed by legend(ppl who made UT)
Unreal Warfare: muliplayer game, UT2, developed by epic(the original guys)
Unreal Championship: beefed up UT for X-box

is that remotely right?

[IsP]KaRnAgE
26th Dec 2001, 11:07 AM
legend didnt make UT, they made the expansion for unreal. DE and Epic made UT if I'm correct. Epic also made Unreal. DE is making UC and Epic is making UW.

Tetris L
26th Dec 2001, 11:29 AM
This is getting more and more confusing. Infogrames denial and claiming that it was a typo sounds like a huge pile of bullshít indeed.

I still believe that UT2 is UC for PC, and Infogrames is still fighting with Microsoft about whether or not they violate contracts saying that UC is "exclusive" for the Xbox. This should be interesting, especially if the rumors are correct that say that the Xbox broadband service won´t be launched before end of 2002, because in this case UC (in disguise as "UT2") might be released for PC even before it is out on Xbox. Hehe, cool. :D

IntRed
26th Dec 2001, 11:51 AM
i dunno, i know people who confuse unreal II with unreal tournament II even before this news was out, so well there is a chance. but i think that the project unreal warfare got a new name, witch could be Unreal Tournament II, however original it certainly is not. It wouldn't make sence, cause warfare was to be the successor of unreal tournament, why make 2 online fragging games??
Another clue why it is not a typo is the content of the article, they were talking about vehicle use, and the standard ut weapons got an overhaul, and unreal II is certainly not what they described here.
Time will tell i suppose, looking forward to it no matter whats it called :)

Syri
29th Dec 2001, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by hal
Infogrames has issued the following release:

"We would like to announce that those who sacked those who made the erroneous report... have been sacked."

"Furthermore, those who sacked those who sacked those who were sacked... have been sacked."
hehe, been watching Monty Python have we? :D

Ni!

Snarf
30th Dec 2001, 07:40 AM
Don't discuss things mankind will never understand.

the_demigod
31st Dec 2001, 09:09 PM
Why not ask infogrames??????:p :p

Syri
2nd Jan 2002, 05:25 AM
correct me if i'm wrong, but the rumoured UT2 was said to be developed by Digital Extremes, right?
well, wasn't Unreal Warfare being developed in house by Epic?

hotwaffle
2nd Jan 2002, 05:36 AM
omg... can't we let unreal2 be released first?

The Dopefish
2nd Jan 2002, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by [RSU]D-Stroya
Ni!

You mangy Scots git! ;)

RaptoR
2nd Jan 2002, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by the_demigod
Why not ask infogrames??????:p :p Infogrames are VERY tight-lipped about Unreal 2 at the moment, let alone any other future Unreal titles.

Wowbagger[$FCE2]
2nd Jan 2002, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Wowbagger[$FCE2]
No UT2=UC

Microsoft havent given them permission to announce it yet.

Thats my guess atleast :D

Ahem, what did i win? ;)

PU (http://www.planetunreal.com/)

RaptoR
2nd Jan 2002, 04:12 PM
http://buf.beyondunreal.com/

:)

[IsP]KaRnAgE
2nd Jan 2002, 04:29 PM
wonder if someone could give a rough translation of the article. Or atleast a summary of some sort:)

Rev.Whoopass
2nd Jan 2002, 04:30 PM
Like I said in the original post of this thread.CONFIRMED.

Always trust a Reverend ;)

Wowbagger[$FCE2]
2nd Jan 2002, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by RaptoR
http://buf.beyondunreal.com/

:)

I was referring to the UT2=UC part :)

TossMonkey
2nd Jan 2002, 04:50 PM
:P @ j00 fOOls

ner ner nerner ner!!

trying going to PU (aside from the fact that they need hits) and check out those UT2 scans. In about 20 minutes they may get pulled down, or un-confirmed. Or the opposite. This should be good.

J. Speed
2nd Jan 2002, 05:52 PM
Thanks for the info. TM those scans look decent. A1 know if vehicles will be in the game?

Tetris L
2nd Jan 2002, 06:18 PM
Yes, UT2 will have vehicles (which is logical, since UC has then too).

J. Speed
2nd Jan 2002, 06:24 PM
Yeah Tet I just figured that out and assumed it since its being developed by Epic Games. Also if you have seen the scans at P. Unreal those weapons are dupes of the UC weapons.
Scans were not clear but it was well worth it.

Cant wait.

I knew there was a good reason to beef up my system.

hal
3rd Jan 2002, 05:03 AM
So does this thread belong in the UC Forum or the UT Forum... or should there be a UT2 Forum.... gah!

Wowbagger[$FCE2]
3rd Jan 2002, 05:40 AM
Decisions, decisions :)
imvho let it be until UT2 is confirmed (cant be far away now) and then create a UT2 forum.

After all its Unreal.

Tetris L
3rd Jan 2002, 06:11 AM
Originally posted by Wowbagger[$FCE2]
... and then create a UT2 forum.
Noooooooooooooooo!!!! (http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=88023) :( :( :mad:

Wowbagger
3rd Jan 2002, 07:24 AM
Bah!, chill, youll get an heartattack with the red face and all ;)

Ok youve been busy with this issue i see TL :)

A merged UC, UT2 forum makes sense to me.

Maybe a U forum for all things Unreal Engine related?

Kjell_M_B.[$FCE2]
3rd Jan 2002, 08:26 AM
Patience guys :lol In the end you will all be enlighted :)

BTW I have just heard UT3 will be launched a year from now ;) ;) ;)

The Dopefish
3rd Jan 2002, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by Kjell_M_B.[$FCE2]
BTW I have just heard UT3 will be launched a year from now ;) ;) ;)

Yeah, well Unreal3.com and Unreal4.com are owned by Epic. :D

Seperate forums for each Unreal game makes more sense than one for everything. Unless clambert can make a script that makes you choose what game you're talking about...in which case things are still cluttered.

Unreal
Unreal Tournament
Unreal 2
Unreal Championship
Unreal Warfare
Unreal Tournament 2

That's a lot of friggin' games to chat about. :D

J. Speed
3rd Jan 2002, 05:07 PM
UT3 ..sounds like UW for next year hmmm go figure.

An UT2 Forum s/b started. That post at PU doesnt look like a hoax. Looks like the real deal. The real McCoy..