Rebuilt features of Unreal

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

zynthetic

robot!
Aug 12, 2001
zynthetic.com
eh? What's this?
have a look here, here, here, here, and here
Basically this is an effort to help realize the features left out of Unreal.

Here's my contribution thus far:
Fireslith.
You'll have to excuse me if I'm way off, I've never seen a pic of it, only heard of it.

zynthetic

robot!
Aug 12, 2001
zynthetic.com
no, not pics
packages. If I can manage a replacement script for sliths I'll put it on my server:D
----
edit
actually that woldn't be good. They die when submerged in water:rolleyes:

here's a couple more pics of em though.

Last edited:

thechief7

Playmate
Oct 27, 2001
My room
It looks like the fire sliths shoot the same projectile as the gasbags
Isn't there also ice sliths, have any pics of those?

zynthetic

robot!
Aug 12, 2001
zynthetic.com
ok, that's not a big problem. Green slime? orange, red?
I'm guessing the damage type would be burned instead of coroded/slimed.
Any extra details about the NitrogenSlith. I'm thinking resistance to nitrogen zones:rolleyes:, blue/green skin...
Should I change health, combat syle, aggressiveness?
are there any referance pics? I could have swore I saw one before.

Hellscrag

UnrealSP'er
Nov 10, 1999
Bristol, England
www.hellscrag.net
Prima's strategy guide:

"...The three basic species of Slith - standard, Fire and Nitrogen - are all quite similar. The primary difference lies in their environment. Regular Slith are green and take no damage from toxic water. Fire Slith are ruddier in colour and immune to heat. Nitogen Slith exhibit a blue sheen and cannot be harmed by the cold."

Standard Slith:
Speed: 250 land / 280 water
Health: 210
Awareness: average
Intelligence: mammal
Melee claws: (25)
Attack speed: average
Missile: 40
Missile speed: 750
"Standard Slith aren't terribly durable, but they're deadly in packs"

Fire Slith:
Health: 280
"Fire slith are healthier but otherwise similar to their standard cousins. And of couse, they can exist without difficulty in superheated environments."

Nitrogen Slith:
Health: 260
"Nitrogen Slith are very similar to standard Slith, save for their slightly increased health and their remarkable tolerance to cold."

zynthetic

robot!
Aug 12, 2001
zynthetic.com
:eek2:
thank you.
I'll see what I can do.
imo the fireslith wouldn't look right spitting green globs. Orange blobs however would make sense. Noticed the normal waterspeed there but... should a fireslith take damage in water?

Nov 4, 2001
The Kitchen
If you can't fix the damage in water thing, just don't use them in a map with water. Use them in the Sunspire, Warlord, Rrajigar, Rrajigar Depths, etc.

And changing the skin alone won't make it shoot orange blobs. Notice the green bubbles spawned when it hits a wall, the the gree smoke when it sits there, and the green smoke puffs when it flies through the air. You'll have to change all of that to orange as well as the projectile skin, and same for Ice Sliths. Good luck working on these, the Fire Slith looks great!:):tup:

zynthetic

robot!
Aug 12, 2001
zynthetic.com
all fixed. I'm satisfied w/ it.
If it doesn't die in water oh well, it wont live long if though.
The projectiles are fixed now. Nor green puffs, it produces black smoke (hot stuff:)).

Nov 4, 2001
The Kitchen
Kickass!! (see post at Unrealsp.org..... I should have just posted there... it gets confusing when you have to post yourself on two boards:con::hmm::confused::y5::eek:)

zynthetic

robot!
Aug 12, 2001
zynthetic.com
I was going to at first but the color pallete wsa either green and the blue looked brown or blue and the green looked grey:(
I might look through the pallets later to see if there's a better one I can use, I'm not really satisfied w/ the skin.