PDA

View Full Version : Tgun

Twrecks
17th Dec 2001, 10:17 PM
http://www.west.net/~furkids/Twrecks/Tgunzo.gif
Tgun w/Test map (http://www.west.net/~furkids/Twrecks/Tgun.zip)
Just somethin I played with... Still need to work out the replication code. A cleaner, mo'nuclear version that shoots depleted Uranium is to appear in Orbit War's NeoCairo5 beta with a little luck.
A few points of interest:
1. Tgun "Cocks" automatically when selected.
2. Tgun must be "Cocked" (AltFire) after firing to fire again.
3. Utilizes the "Cockgun" animation in UT for AltFire.
4. packs a punch (Kick) and transfers momentum to target.
5. Bullets wiz by and ricochet, watch you don't shoot yerself.
Known Issues:
1. Muzzle flash stays visible on pickup from fragged foe who dropped Tgun when firing.
2. Sometimes hangs up on switching weps.
3. AutoSwitch also hangs on no ammo.
Instructions:
1. Place TgunTest.unr in UT/maps directory.
2. Place Tgun.u in UT/System directory.
3. To summon Tgun in game, type from console "summon tgun.tgun"
4. To Summon Tgun Ammo, type in the console "summon tgun.tdrum"
This post was edited to update a few links that got bOrrked by my ISP

Raden
18th Dec 2001, 06:56 PM
Too bad I gotta download some stupid map with it ;):D

j/k :)

will try it and let you know

Twrecks
18th Dec 2001, 07:27 PM
Thanks,
IMO, It's alotta fun in low-grav maps like DM-Morpheus.
BTW, the Tgun replaces the Goo-Gun in slot 3, complete with icon for the HUD.
I just got done printing out all the tutes & ref'matl from CHiMERiC on Replication. Prolly gonna end up being some one liner of code... just what?

Raden
19th Dec 2001, 08:00 PM
ew.

All I can say is ew.

HOWEVER I do have ideas for possible improvement. :)

I'd make the bullets faster (much.... faster, like almost instant) and possibly not ricochet. It would be a nice machine gun and let me tell you, it's got a neat firing animation. The recoil (being pushed back a little) is nice too. Watch where you use this thing :D

I dunno. what do you think?

Twrecks
19th Dec 2001, 09:08 PM
ew?
As in "Kewl" or "ew-yuk"?
Bullets can be made faster, as to the ricochet, the OW gun is possibly gonna fire exploding projectiles (a TraceFire will actually get rid of the "projectiles"). Problem with projectiles that move too fast is 1. Net play and 2. Can't hear them wiz by (attached ambient sound). Seeing where you fire is why the tracers were added for the Minigun, and I didn't want just another Minigun.
This Tgun is a closer aproximation of the 1928 Thompson Annihilator. Ricochets were a big problem with .45 slugs, so will remain with this model for UT and adds some gameplay for shooting around corners with something other than a lobbed rocket, ripper or flak. Not as many bounces as the razor (6) but more than the flak (1), the Tgun Bullet dies on the third hit and has a timed life span rathar than a distance (no math required for trajectory changes, etc)
What about the "CockGun"?
I wanted to utilize the native animation and at the same time create a balance to tone down the "killer weapon syndrome".
Thanks for the Feedback, hopefully I'll finish redoing the code over Christmas-NewYears.

Raden
19th Dec 2001, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by Twrecks

What about the "CockGun"?
I wanted to utilize the native animation and at the same time create a balance to tone down the "killer weapon syndrome".
Thanks for the Feedback, hopefully I'll finish redoing the code over Christmas-NewYears.

ew as in ew-yuk. But I dunno I'll try it again and see if my opinion's changed at all.

Kind of strange though that you have to reload it after one shot, or a hundred shots. Just something I found odd.

And if that cockgun is what I think it is..... :con:

phatcat
20th Dec 2001, 04:54 PM
wow, I must try this "cock" gun when I get home!!

. . .

ew...

Twrecks
21st Dec 2001, 03:51 AM
Only try this in the privacy of your own home:

Raden
21st Dec 2001, 07:55 AM
oh that's what he means by cockgun.....

!!!

WHY DOES A FEMALE MODEL HAVE A COCKGUN?!!! :con:

Twrecks
2nd Jan 2002, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by Nemephosis
WHY DOES A FEMALE MODEL HAVE A COCKGUN?!!!

Answer:
Because the Male Models shoot blanks.

Answer 2:
Because I'm tired of Hollywood style endless exchange of gunfire and believe tactics and balance far more important to gameplay than another phreakin altfire projectile! Plus wanted to see if I could que a player animation from a weapon script, and I did.

Answer to self promise:
I didn't even work on this over New Years, maybe by next Christmas...