PDA

View Full Version : Loop Movers

StoneViper
17th Dec 2001, 10:02 AM
does anyone know if loop movers can have more than 8 stops.

my loopmover won't go beyond KeyNum 7

Bot_40
17th Dec 2001, 10:57 AM
No, but you can attach a mover to another mover to make it look like it has more keyframes. You have to make them crush or ignore when enroach otherwise things will get messy, trust me :)
You have to adde your first mover, make the first 7 keyframes, then go onto movement and set it's attach tag to...say...Botman. Then add another mover and set it's keyframes to the next 8 keyframes (or however many more you want). Now set the tag of this mover to Botman. Now set this mover to be triggered just after the first one as finished it's 7 keyframes, then make sure the first mover stays open long so that it starts returning just after the 2nd mover has finished it's keyframes and returned.

Note: you can't use attach movers to attach more movers to, that doesn't work. You have to do it the way I describe :(

If you could understand any of that then congratulations in advance :D

Note: I just read your post and no it won't work for loop mover. I post this anyway as it might be useful to someone else.
You could try using gradual movers in which all the keyframes are triggered individually with a unique tag for each keyframe and an individual move time for each keyframe, then have 2 or more of them attached to each other, but that could get extremely complicated what with about 20 dispatchers etc :\

StoneViper
17th Dec 2001, 10:12 PM
i kinda get what you are saying, but the way you describe it, can you see both movers, or should my subway system be totally redone in DM-Downtown

Bot_40
18th Dec 2001, 05:30 AM
No, you have one mover out of sight, the one you can see is attached to the hidden one.

StoneViper
18th Dec 2001, 09:39 AM
now i see what you are saying, but i still think i will redo the whole subway thing. i don't want to make things too complicated. Thanks for the info.

be sure to watch here for future versions of DM-Downtown!