PDA

View Full Version : Playtest Ctf-kampfwurst

FAKEFACTORY
16th Dec 2001, 05:24 PM
If you find any bugs or problems, please reply in this thread.

Sample-Screenshot:

http://www.madservice.de/RHD/ctf-kampfwurst-Sample.jpg

Attachment in two Parts (because size-restriction:

First Part: The Map
Second Part in next posting (hope this works): The Textures-File

FAKEFACTORY
16th Dec 2001, 05:27 PM
here we go...
Attachment texture-file

Rabid Wolf
17th Dec 2001, 10:06 PM
you know, irregardless of any qualities your map may or may not have, you get my thumb-up for the dimwittiest title in quite a while. :)

StoneViper
17th Dec 2001, 10:24 PM
kampfwurst, i know that's German, but what does it mean. Ich verstehe nicht.

FAKEFACTORY
18th Dec 2001, 05:19 PM
Bugfixed versions 1.05 at

http://www.madservice.de/MAPS/Ctf-kampfwurst_v1.05.zip

@StoneViper:
"Kampfwurst" is my nick on FFA-games. Well, hard to translate. There is no exact word in english ....

Kampfwurst is some kind of "fighting meat"

StoneViper
18th Dec 2001, 11:08 PM
"fighting meat" LOL

Balton
21st Dec 2001, 04:47 AM
Originally posted by StoneViper
"fighting meat" LOL

well, its more like "fighting sausage" ...

Djazaus
21st Dec 2001, 08:21 AM
even 'lol'er Balton..

@ fakefactory, interesting map. Too many poly's for most systems though. You've got some good looking areas in there and the train is a nice touch but can make flag caps a little easy (btw, nice scaling in the 'station' bit). The central part can be fun due to the low grav, but a little too 'straight forward and back' for my tastes.

Although I didn't get much if any slowdowns, the average user will due to polycounts regularly exceeding 350. Still, an interesting concept :)

Freakish
5th Feb 2002, 05:20 PM
Late to the party as usual..:D

Anyways, I don't think fast caps will be a problem. All a defender has to do is shoot the train's rear and the FC will get blown to dookiechunkbits. :eek: The map is great!

FYI FakeFactory..your map has been uploaded to www.stealthdp.com (we've already got Zeitkind) in hopes that it'll get voted into the map rotation on the game server. Nice map! You can see your map in the browser by going to CTF Maps(left side of screen) and clicking "k". If you have a specific screenshot you want associated with the map, please email me.

Mxtrmntr
5th Feb 2002, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Freakish
Late to the party as usual..:D

Anyways, I don't think fast caps will be a problem. All a defender has to do is shoot the train's rear and the FC will get blown to dookiechunkbits. :eek: The map is great!

FYI FakeFactory..your map has been uploaded to www.stealthdp.com (we've already got Zeitkind) in hopes that it'll get voted into the map rotation on the game server. Nice map! You can see your map in the browser by going to CTF Maps(left side of screen) and clicking "k". If you have a specific screenshot you want associated with the map, please email me.

Hehe, so Fakefactory is the Zeitkind guy or what? Didn't know...

Freakish
5th Feb 2002, 05:42 PM
Unless he was lying in the readme..hehe.

FAKEFACTORY
8th Feb 2002, 07:19 AM
@Freakish

Nice side.
Just upped my ctf-waterloo-waterpark. Give it a try.

P.S.: Yes, i constructed DM/CTF-Zeitkind.

AMmayhem
8th Feb 2002, 11:22 AM
Just downloaded it, so I'll be back later with my thoughts. Screeny looks good anyway.

Freakish
8th Feb 2002, 11:32 AM
Those Waterloo bases look sort of like parts of the bases in Zeitkind..hehe. Map looks nice! As usual, a preview pic should be up shortly. Anyways..good work! Actually, the pic will probably be this one..

AMmayhem
8th Feb 2002, 12:55 PM
Good work! My only gripes are that you can accidentally shoot the train and blow yourself up. The automated turrets were a good idea, but you can't go below them or they'll blast you off the catwalk which gets really annoying. Otherwise it's a great map.

Balton
8th Mar 2002, 08:11 AM
I completly missed that YOU are the guy who made zeitkind and stuff... jürgen vierheilig... COOL! I once got an cd with lots of unreal addon stuff. and amongst them were a few zeitkind city maps... I enjoyed them and they forced me to map more... now I must go on and MAP! oh, and I got to playtest this map aswell...

Balton
8th Mar 2002, 08:51 AM
the mid part is too open for snipers... some pillars coming up from that hole to even give you some chance to hide would be a nice addition. blowing the train up is really funny... nice map...