Please don't mock me

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

McMuffin

The sh¡ttiest Infiltrator
Jul 30, 2000
OR
To bind the standard messages, go to the input tab and hit the speech binder...

To bind your own messages open the console and use the following format:

set input keyname teamsay message

Though you could just as easily do 'preferences' in the console and go to Advanced/Raw Key Binds and do it that way...

:D or if you're a nutcase like me, you could create some of these key aliases:

snipercommands

set input numpad1 teamsay sniper! left flank|set input numpad2 teamsay sniper! behind|set input numpad3 teamsay sniper! right flank|set input numpad4 teamsay sniper! left side|set input numpad5 teamsay sniper! somewhere!|set input numpad6 teamsay sniper! right side|set input numpad7 teamsay sniper! left front|set input numpad8 teamsay sniper! front|set input numpad9 teamsay sniper! right front

blank

set input numpad1 teamsay |set input numpad2 teamsay |set input numpad3 teamsay |set input numpad4 teamsay |set input numpad5 teamsay |set input numpad6 teamsay |set input numpad7 teamsay |set input numpad8 teamsay |set input numpad9 teamsay

tangocommands

set input numpad1 teamsay enemy! left flank|set input numpad2 teamsay enemy! behind|set input numpad3 teamsay enemy! right flank|set input numpad4 teamsay enemy! left side|set input numpad5 teamsay enemies!|set input numpad6 teamsay enemy! right side|set input numpad7 teamsay enemy! left front|set input numpad8 teamsay enemy! dead ahead|set input numpad9 teamsay enemy! right front

defaultcommands

set input numpad1 teamsay left flank|set input numpad2 teamsay back|set input numpad3 teamsay right flank|set input numpad4 teamsay left|set input numpad5 teamsay hold|set input numpad6 teamsay right|set input numpad7 teamsay left front|set input numpad8 teamsay dead ahead|set input numpad9 teamsay right front

selfcommands

set input numpad1 teamsay covering left flank|set input numpad2 teamsay covering rear|set input numpad3 teamsay covering right flank|set input numpad4 teamsay going left|set input numpad5 teamsay holding|set input numpad6 teamsay going right|set input numpad7 teamsay attacking left|set input numpad8 teamsay moving in|set input numpad9 teamsay attacking right

peachz

BANNED
Sep 7, 2001
Mmmm... zen....
OR, go to the console (by hitting the tilde key, next to one on the alphabetical part of the keyboard->probably knew that :)), type preferences and go to... go to... dammit, i forgot. it's one of the first options on the list, search around, and look for raw key bindings. you'll find it. then just type what you want said next to the letter you want to hit for that specific command. easy as pie. better than .ini messings-with.

McMuffin

The sh¡ttiest Infiltrator
Jul 30, 2000
OR
Heh... I'm probably the king of keybinding on the fly. Not so much any more though, I've pretty much settled on my current key config.

But considering the mass-rebinding-key-aliases that I have, you could argue that I still retain the title. :D

I once made a key that cycled 5 different colorful interjections... :)