PDA

View Full Version : Assault ressurection

NuclearMonkey
15th Dec 2001, 11:46 AM
I think that since everyone is bored with assault (at least I am.) Someone should make an enhanced version of it. Maybe assault with different classes like UNF. Or maybe a realism mod that has an assault theme. When I first got UT I thought assault was great, but now that it is terribly boring someone should do something to fix that

:MTuk:lone-wolf
15th Dec 2001, 11:49 AM
solution: get new maps! make new maps! get a map pack! that way there wont be so much boredom if there are good objectives etc.

NuclearMonkey
15th Dec 2001, 11:53 AM
My complaint isn't in the maps, I want a mod like assault . Something fresh. Has anyone heard of such mods?

Lord_Riff_Raff
15th Dec 2001, 01:22 PM
Download U4E-Fortress then emails Sonic for U4E-Fortress-Assault. Thats about 12 different classes for you. Have fun.

NuclearMonkey
15th Dec 2001, 07:42 PM
Okay I think I'll try it... but I'm gonna downloading for centuries.

NuclearMonkey
15th Dec 2001, 07:58 PM
insert a "be" between "gonna" and "downloading"

RegularX
17th Dec 2001, 11:42 AM
Suggestions to how to modify it? I'm planning on Assault version for the mod I'm working on at some point. Plans would be to make it more equipment-based, and perhaps have built-in LMS stuff.

I thought Assault was a brilliant mode when I first played UT, but it's easily the most boring to play with only bots and the online crowd seemed to get incredibly good at the maps so quickly that it hardly seemed challenging.

rgx :ripper:

NuclearMonkey
17th Dec 2001, 03:17 PM
Okay keep in touch I am looking forward to it.

RegularX
17th Dec 2001, 03:45 PM
What would you guys like to see? More classed based stuff like RTCW? Slower action? More/less realism?

My thought would be to generally make equipment which would aid in completing certain tasks, and then give the whole team a budget. So if you need someone who can survive through a lot of fire, load them up with armor...need a sniper - get the rifle, etc. Bots would probably default to a grunt style setup.

But would this resolve the issues with Assault in general? Or should there be more modifications to the maps, like traps, security cams, .... ??

NuclearMonkey
17th Dec 2001, 04:11 PM
That sounds great! I think that a break from all the intensity of UT and more strategy and tactics would be great!