Jumppads vs Kickers...Help

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

faderide

Far beyond driven
Close to finishing my seconde map(well week or two ...) but these jump pads are messin with me.
I learned when using kickers you can set "kill velocity" to true so that no matter what angle or velocity you hit it at you will land in the same spot. But I also notice the bots occasionally jumping too high and not landing around their lift exit. I also read somewhere this was a bug in the UT engine.

Then I learned about using Jump pads..and the jumppad.u file which I read was suppose to fix that "jumping too high thing"..which I assume is the same as missing the lift exit too.
This seemed to work better in this area but I didnt see any settings with the jumppad to set "kill velocity" to true and therefore the pad will throw you in different directions depending on which angle you hit it at.

Is there a way to achieve the best of both worlds here?
Am I just suffering from Newbieitis?
Is this just a limitation of UT kickers?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

faderide

Far beyond driven
Havn't found a solution to "perfect jumppads yet" , but have
found that either way will work good enough for my map.
Actually kind of gives a little more realism to the bots behavior
imo..they wont always be kicked to an exact location every
time they use it just like a actual player would also occassinally
alter his "mid air flight" for that easy frag. The vast majority of
the time they land where I want em to.
A friend of mine whose a Quake mapper says "its just an issue with the Ut engine"???
Not sure if thats totally true....but no biggy.