Bot with Eyes Everywhere

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

sinfree

Dec 11, 2001
Visit site
Is there a way to change a bot's FOV or whatever needs to be done to make it be able to see in all directions. I tried playing with the FOV number but it didn't seem to help. Any suggestions?

sinfree

Dec 11, 2001
Visit site
The bot I am creating is for Single Player COOP so I am NOT trying to create a cheat bot or aim bot... I am trying to make the single player coop more enjoyable for those with SLOWWWWW internet connections or no LAN. The bot can recieve various commands such as Follow and Wait, etc... On the "Follow" mode, I use the function SeePlayer (or whatever it is called) to find the last location of the player that the Bot "saw" then he goes to that point. It works really well, actually. However somtimes he gets turned around and can't "see" me, so he can't follow me... so I have to go back and get him. I want him to be able to "see" me even if his back is turned to me. Also, I want him to be able to see enemies that are all around since he is always facing the player to keep up. (By the way, I am programming this on Unreal 1 [Gold version], since this is what I use to play Unreal SP.)

So, (1) is there a way that he can see all around him, even stuff behind him? And (2) how do I use the FindPathTo and FindBestPathTo functions, they aren't working like I thought, so I'm just using MoveToward, which causes problems every once in a while. (He runs into lava instead of going around if it is between me and him).

Thanks for you time and responses.

Sinfree

Sonja

Nov 25, 2001
Visit site
There is a tutorial here(chimeric) about the findpath functions if you hadnt already read it.

What is is your bot a childclass of?

If I it does what I think it does then setting the

PeripheralVision; //Cosine of limits of peripheral vision.

to -1 would make the angle 180 degrees and 1 would make it 0 degrees