Yet another Beautiful map :B

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Chrysaor

Lord of the Pants
Nov 3, 2001
Hiding in your Attic
:B
hehe, i did another big CTF, tell me what u think :D

acam1.jpg
acam2.jpg

acam3.jpg
acam4.jpg

acam5.jpg
acam6.jpg

and of course the map :D

faderide

Far beyond driven
This is based on the first version. Havn't downloaded the updated version yet...
Right outside of the red base entrance (the outside area that has the shieldbelt area in it) if you turn to the left you can walk up the rockwork and go to the very top and look over the edge into areas you shouldnt see. Just need to make it a little steeper in this area.
Also the hole beneath the shieldbelt kills you too slowly. Not sure
what the effect there is suppose to be, but it took a long time to kill me the first time I fell in there. The second time I fell (intentionally) I actually made it to a stopping point and never died and then had to kill myself..lol
Those were the only two problems I found.

The map is very well textured, with very good terrain work. The rocks look sweet, lighting is good, as well as the skybox.
The whole map has a nice ancient temple theme going that stays
consistent throughout the level. I also like the darkness. Its not
so dark that you have trouble seeing, but dark enough to enhance the mood and sometimes have someone seem to be coming out of the shadows. The darkness, theme and sounds
all work together well to create an atmosphere.

The base setup is well thought out it seems. Each base can be defended well, making it hard for one guy to sneak in and snag the flag. This design encourages teamwork..which I like.
I liked the map alot....probably try the updated version online this weekend with some buds and give some more feedback.

Chrysaor

Lord of the Pants
Nov 3, 2001
Hiding in your Attic
Originally posted by faderide
This is based on the first version. Havn't downloaded the updated version yet...
Right outside of the red base entrance (the outside area that has the shieldbelt area in it) if you turn to the left you can walk up the rockwork and go to the very top and look over the edge into areas you shouldnt see. Just need to make it a little steeper in this area.
Also the hole beneath the shieldbelt kills you too slowly. Not sure
what the effect there is suppose to be, but it took a long time to kill me the first time I fell in there. The second time I fell (intentionally) I actually made it to a stopping point and never died and then had to kill myself..lol
Those were the only two problems I found.

The map is very well textured, with very good terrain work. The rocks look sweet, lighting is good, as well as the skybox.
The whole map has a nice ancient temple theme going that stays
consistent throughout the level. I also like the darkness. Its not
so dark that you have trouble seeing, but dark enough to enhance the mood and sometimes have someone seem to be coming out of the shadows. The darkness, theme and sounds
all work together well to create an atmosphere.

The base setup is well thought out it seems. Each base can be defended well, making it hard for one guy to sneak in and snag the flag. This design encourages teamwork..which I like.
I liked the map alot....probably try the updated version online this weekend with some buds and give some more feedback.

good feedback thx :)
I'll probably release it tomorrow/late tonite tho

Chrysaor

Lord of the Pants
Nov 3, 2001
Hiding in your Attic
Originally posted by TheRealFluffy
it looks great but will it run on this machine?
Intel Pentium MMX 233Mhz
128Mb Ram
512Kb Cache
28Gb Hd
3D Blaster Banshee (16Mb, PCI)
40x Philips Cd-Rom
8/4/32x Philips CD-Rewriter
Unknown Sound Card (****ty card)

It should, the polys don't exceed 200 anywhere. well maybe one spot if u really stretch it, but the nodes aren't bad either as i recall

Mxtrmntr

(Formerly known as Mxtrmntr)
Nov 3, 2001
The Island of the Day Before
Visit site
Originally posted by TheRealFluffy

that are his stat fps stats!

Anyway, just wanted to point out that you can see them in the shot ;)

nice looks in some parts (I like outside areas ;)), some minor lags inside the temples when I played it the first time (well, I only played it once by now)... gotta play it again tho.

Lruce Bee

Transcending to another level
May 3, 2001
Sherwood Forest
Overall - not too bad but the map suffered in many areas

The textures grated on me a little and were far too repetative for the size of the map

The layout was confusing for me personally and I struggled to get my bearings on many occasions simply because there were no focal points of reference - this was mainly due to the bland texturing you used - it really needed contrast in my opinion

It may have been my brightness/gamma settings but the map was excessively dark in many areas because the torches did not emit enough light around them and in this contributed to me losing my way - and for such a small map - this is not good

Having said that - the bots played really well and the outside area was nicely built although again - the lighting was a bit bland and the skybox was uninspiring

Stronger light sources are required from the outside into the interiors to make it more dynamic - you have some strong architectural structures that you're not taking advantage of and that's a shame really

Overall - It needs more work

Lruce

Chrysaor

Lord of the Pants
Nov 3, 2001
Hiding in your Attic
Hmm...maybe my lighting settings are screwed. I have no problems with lighting...come to think of it i did turn my brightness up! ****! I didn't even think of that. *smacks forehead
Oh well :-/

Hourences

Aug 29, 2000
Belgium/Holland/Sweden
www.Hourences.com
never map with hardcore UT settings, stuff like brightness 10 or so, thatsa suyco, brighntess 4 or something mostly will do, just compare the map with other maps, epic maps, and look how much birghter they are, and then start lightning it up, you will see it will look much bette,r ive had the same when i start mapping, i had this map, wich was very dark, thern i got a 4 on it cause it wastoo dark, so i lightning it up, and indeed it looked much better