Origonal Unreal

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

elzergone

Oct 31, 2001
California
Visit site
Ive heard everyone say that the origional, unpatched unreal is really cool. The first time I played Unreal, it was a borrowed copy, and I didnt beat it. By the time I went to buy my own, only Unreal Gold was out... Is the origonal really that cool?

warning:_NOOB

Dec 1, 2001
you mean, right now?
Visit site
I have to comment that the one weapon that lost it's "raise the hair on the back of your neck" sound was the flak. used to be you could hear that thing load up all the way across almost any dm map when it was picked up. it was PERFECT.

ka--KLANK!! :echo: :echo: :slowly fades:

I was sooo disappointed about it after I first patched.

zynthetic

robot!
Aug 12, 2001
zynthetic.com
network administration:rolleyes:
open gl drivers

I use 225f. Can't get it to run on anything earlier. Luckily I got internet access the day I got Unreal (back in the day). Installed it, didn't work.
DL 225f, seems my sound card wasn't supported in earlier versions.

Creole Ned

Quirky guy
Apr 13, 2000
www.quirkybastards.com
Is it possible to plug in the old weapon sound effects? I'm guessing not or someone would have probably already mentioned doing it. :)

I played through Unreal the first time unpatched on my original Voodoo (upgrading to a V2 halfway through the game) and I can't really remember the original sounds now. I do recall the patch that changed them, though. It was quite noticeable at the time.

zynthetic

robot!
Aug 12, 2001
zynthetic.com
actually it might work if someone exported all the weapon sounds. Just reimprt them into your unreali.u or whatever. Make a backup first though.

Originally posted by Sir_Brizz

Zynthetic, are you a chick? That's awesome!
nah, me just s3x0rz:D

Metakill

Inhumane
Feb 18, 2000
Redwood City, CA USA
The original opening had the silver metal Unreal logo. Then they replaced it with the black shadow logo. I guess to highlight the green flames.:rolleyes: The default fov for behindview was moved back quite a bit. What other things were changed (besides network and driver improvements)?

Unreal1207

§gamer§
Dec 12, 2001
pennsylvania
UNREAL

i love unreal 1, it is so the best game in da world, i played it for almost 8 hours the day i got it, which was christmas, it was so awesome, it might of took a while for it to load, but is was so worth it:p

Daedalus

I don't even...
May 24, 2001
Pittsburgh
www.beyondunreal.com
Re: UNREAL

Originally posted by Unreal1207
i love unreal 1, it is so the best game in da world, i played it for almost 8 hours the day i got it, which was christmas, it was so awesome, it might of took a while for it to load, but is was so worth it:p

yo Sager

oh and yeah I still use 224 cuz of one great mod: Serpentine, that is one l33t mod, just wish the weapons bobbed, that and INF was better for U1....