How much ammunition do you use?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

How much ammunition do you use per round?

• Less than 1 magazine. I must be a master sniper, or I just plain suck.

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • 1 to 2 magazines. It's all about control, baby.

Votes: 30 30.9%
  • 2 to 3 magazines. Better fire a few more just to make sure.

Votes: 46 47.4%
  • 3 to 4 magazines. Hey, the guns default to full auto for a reason.

Votes: 11 11.3%
  • 4 to 5 magazines. They build ammunition dumps for people like me.

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • More than 5 magazines. I spray bullets at everything that moves and don't stop till the mag runs dry

Votes: 5 5.2%

• Total voters

Gryphon

Apr 2, 2000
Trying to get an idea on how much ammunition is expended in an average round of gameplay (that's ROUND, not MATCH). Please answer truthfully, as the data collected here may be used for development. Thank you.

MadWoffen

Soon! ©
May 27, 2001
Belgium
www.bifff.net
I take 3 mags but I hardly use all the bullets. After suppresive fire in semi and one or 2 bursts, I change my mag for cases of heavy encounter. I don't remember being without ammo in a round ever with my P90 in this configuration.

Sniper loadout: 2 mags for the RC50 and the PSG. Never out of ammo also.

DeadEyeNick

Dec 30, 2000
2 mag for most rifles, but I only use a drum for AKmsu.
I carry 3 for the sig though. 2 for the PSG-1 and carry no robar.

Usually after the match, I'll most likely used up one mag.

Gumby3D

Inventor of the Wunk
Mar 23, 2001
=D

Disregarding the fact that I haven't posted here forever, I want to help in any way I can so!

I'm with DeRailer I usually take in 2 mags per rifle, and 1 for a pistol. Not much ammo is needed usually just have to keep your fire controlled, keep low, and make your shots count.

Anyways
Cheers
~gumby|3d

Farouk

Adept
Oct 19, 2000
Germany
My loadouts have 2-3
I barely use more than one. Sometimes two.
But the third one is for mental safety only. So I know I always have a spare mag.

Feb 26, 2001
England
2-3 mags for rifle, usually 2 mags for my sidearm (1 spare).

Suppressive fire is too scarey as it gives my position away and I die. :)

Aequi

ballistically challenged
Apr 23, 2001
Denmark, duh
Visit site
I find it hard to pick one answer...

...i think i got 5 mags in most of my loadouts, but how many i actually use depends ALOT on playmode, map, lag and skill of the enemy.

With my sig loadout (sig, scope, 5xmags, 2xnades, knife) i default to burst fire at roundstart and often suppres corners that i am expecting heads to pop out from.

With higher skilled enemies and/or light lag, switching to autofire becomes nessesary, because bursting at people don't work when they are not there by the time the packets reach the server - wheres as auto fire allows a kill because he will run into the fire himself. (which is why the drum AK rules so much some maps, since it produce lag and takes advantage of it with big clip and autofire.).

I don't run dry very often with 5 mags, neither DE og Sig loadout, but some maps just means hands you more "tough firelines" or more moving targets that others... all resulting in wasted ammo.

...but since most my loadouts contain one weapon only be it a pistol or a gun +2-5 nades (often 5 in light pistol loadouts) the extra ammo rarely hinder me.

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Klagenfurt, Carinthia, Austria
Visit site
That's a real hard one, mainly because I only play offline - so I don't know if that counts - plus I play INF Lite quite a lot.
So I have 5 mags(or whatever the maximum is, depending on the weapon)in the loadout, but in regular INF only use 1-2 mags with ARs and 2-3 for SMGs(I tend to go full-auto with SMGs and that's 1/2 mag per enemy..); sniper rifles are below 1 mag usually.

I think 2-3 is about what I use average.

Snakeye :D

MadWoffen

Soon! ©
May 27, 2001
Belgium
www.bifff.net
Originally posted by -Snakebite-
Suppressive fire is too scarey as it gives my position away and I die. :)

Well if you do that alone, it's all your fault! :p

I suppress an area in semi-auto only to help mates advance in the map. I don't care if there is a tango or not, I just pin everything down until my mate get to a covered position. Works well in some maps like Siberia or Bulletcourt but not everywhere...

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
I dunno if the forum is the best place to ask this - we are a different kind of player :p
Unless I feel the inate need to scare the **** outta my targets(Need bullet flight-sounds!), I don't use anything more than one or two clips. Usually one.

GreenHell

INF isn't real? since when
May 27, 2001
Visit site
I carry 5 mags all the time. I dont spray and pray. I just find that a lot of the time, I am the last person alive on a pub server and there are 3 or 4 enemies left. I might use a mag for suppresive fire at the start of a round and then just make my way through the rest of the map with 4 mags. Mp5 on 3 round burst goes a long way but you have to be damn accurate because it takes 3 rounds to kill someone. GL to all the ppl playing with 2 or 3 mags. Isn't it funny how when you are in the game, and hear a friendly say "Weapon's dry", there is a 90 percent chance of him being the next one to die. HAHAHA
You gotta love INF.

OUT

Rostam

PSN: Rostam_
May 1, 2001
Leiden, Holland
it really depends on how i play, i usually play as a sniper, so i rarely really need to reload ( i still take 4 magz for rc50 and 2 for psg though, sometimes when im in the mooth i keep firing at walls when i saw some1 run for cover... it really works :))

when i play as assaulter, usually no surpression fire, if i do use cover fire, its usually for others and not for me, use 2 magz avrg.

in cqb on the other hand, i use 4 magz a round avrg, cuz i tend to meet 4 people after i lean around the corner... then i hit fire and dont let go till i here click!

Olecram

Oct 15, 2001
IT
Visit site
4? 3ee? 2oooo? ONE? ARE YOU KIDDIN'?

People... someone needs to take care of that nasty guys leaning over there to know where to launch their m14 grens... they are NOT gonna do it till i have ammo!

Suppressing fire is everything in the moments before detonation :)

Two weapons... p90 4 mags and Sig 2 mags... i rarely have a mag on BOTH weapons at roundends.

GIMME 'unlimited' ammo clips!
That'll show them!

Olecram

Oct 15, 2001
IT
Visit site
Originally posted by yurch
A player that is willing to bring 4 drums along and surpress the enemy for yah can certainly be useful.

Thats exactly the point. Suppressing is for real team cooperation. Its, imho, the next step in gameplay.

Unfortunately, people who rushes often must count on luck to gain advanced covered positions with no S.F. ... often sacrificing themselves to unveil enemies.
Cautious players are ofter left alone by rushers... who show advancement paths for the other team... and allow easy cornering and picking out...
and finally Cautious players who dont want to be surprised by cascaded enemyteam rushers who circled the OTHER cautious players... DO CAMP... not giving suppressive fire to anyone!

I hope to have made myself clear...
Camping is not healthier.
Low Mags numbers are Nasty for teamplay.

spm1138

Irony Is
Aug 10, 2001
Visit site
4, I do that "tactical reload" thing good and early, because over 56.6 I can never be sure exactly how long a burst I have fired.

BrownCow

I Heart Gnat.
Jun 18, 2000
this poll is a bunch of crap. Anyone who carries 1-2 clips into a round is useless. If you don't carry at least 3 mags, ak drums are an exception, you won't last in the long run.

Although the poll was rigged.. The stupid sayings behind each amount stupified it because that just put the players into a "i'm better then you because" situation.

but in any case, i carry as much as i can :)

Olecram

Oct 15, 2001
IT
Visit site
u were lookin' for it

Originally posted by BrownCow
this poll is a bunch of crap. Anyone who carries 1-2 clips into a round is useless. If you don't carry at least 3 mags, ak drums are an exception, you won't last in the long run.

Although the poll was rigged.. The stupid sayings behind each amount stupified it because that just put the players into a "i'm better then you because" situation.

but in any case, i carry as much as i can :)

well...
"i'm better then you because!"
:lol:

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
Of course. A soldier carries as much as he comforably can, although not always in clip form.
Be prepared. I posted what I use per-round, not how much I carry.