PDA

View Full Version : unreal tournament 2???

IntRed
3rd Dec 2001, 03:43 PM
15:41 This is the world's first mention of the game, but our sources say the project is already in an advanced stage, with maybe six months of development still to go. All sounds like a late 2002 release to us. Coding is being done by Digital Extremes, who worked closely with Epic on the original Unreal and is currently developing Xbox blaster Unreal Championship.
According to sources, the game looks "considerably" more detailed than the original Unreal Tournament and uses the latest build of what is now known, simply, as the Unreal Engine. Key advances are likely to include vast outdoor environments, extensive particle effects such as sand and smoke, expanded control techniques and a revamp of weapons.

More as and when we know it, including, hopefully, the first pictures. There's going to be some big games next year, but let's face it, few come bigger than this. Stay tuned.

well, surprise surprise :lol:

Tetris L
3rd Dec 2001, 04:22 PM
http://ina-community.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=150878

First I thought it's a hoax, but the "No comment" comment by Infogrames is a bit irritating. Maybe there is something behind it. If it's not a hoax then I bet it's essentially UC for PC, renamed to "UT2" for marketing reasons.

hal
3rd Dec 2001, 05:38 PM
I would take UC for the PC without a doubt. Digital Extremes is such a solid team that Epic would hand their crown jewel to them.

Here's the "rumored story"

UNREAL TOURNAMENT 2 EXISTS!

That's the word, and it's carved out of concrete. The sequel to arguably the best multiplayer online shooter is coming out in 2002

15:41 This is the world's first mention of the game, but our sources say the project is already in an advanced stage, with maybe six months of development still to go. All sounds like a late 2002 release to us. Coding is being done by Digital Extremes, who worked closely with Epic on the original Unreal and is currently developing Xbox blaster Unreal Championship.

According to sources, the game looks "considerably" more detailed than the original Unreal Tournament and uses the latest build of what is now known, simply, as the Unreal Engine. Key advances are likely to include vast outdoor environments, extensive particle effects such as sand and smoke, expanded control techniques and a revamp of weapons.

More as and when we know it, including, hopefully, the first pictures. There's going to be some big games next year, but let's face it, few come bigger than this. Stay tuned.

fragswill
3rd Dec 2001, 05:54 PM
Either it's Unreal Warfare under a different name, or a hoax. An UT2 would just be too funny to be true.

"Unreal Competition" mfff......

Exar Kun [Sith]
3rd Dec 2001, 05:59 PM
So now that there maybe a UT2 so that means that Unreal Warfare is going to be totally different game than U2 and UT2.

Hopefully if there is UT2 is that it will be like UT with the same type of play modes and hopefully alot of the UT skins are brought back and with a updated look.

hal
3rd Dec 2001, 06:11 PM
I don't know about you, but I'd be pretty happy if it looked like this:

http://www.unrealchampionship.com/images/shot0005a.jpg

Some of the skins that DE created are incredible.

pine
3rd Dec 2001, 06:17 PM
:lol:

This is all getting just too damn confusing!

U2, UW, UC, UT2.....and which are the same game again? WTF is going on??? To stop the pain in my head I'm going to try and forget about it until they come out......

Exar Kun [Sith]
3rd Dec 2001, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by hal
I don't know about you, but I'd be pretty happy if it looked like this:

http://www.unrealchampionship.com/images/shot0005a.jpg

Some of the skins that DE created are incredible.

I'd be pretty happy too but I like some the UT skins to make a return. If they were updated to look more like that they would be totally kick a$$. The reason I say I would like to see some the UT skins return is for UT oldskoolers to have the option to continue the use of the skin they liked in the first game with a more updated new look or go for one of the new skins. Still I would be happy for a UT 2 anyways.

Dai2
3rd Dec 2001, 08:54 PM
it's probably a PR **** up made by Infogrames

I mean, the brand confusion is bad enough as it is. Last thing we need is another "Unreal" game.

Sir_Brizz
3rd Dec 2001, 11:20 PM
Dai, wtf is eagle claw toes, and that chick.....

I hope that it's Uc, because UC looks awes. Uw doesn't look as cool, but I'm sure it will be ok. I can't wait for U2 to come out!!!!

Wowbagger[$FCE2]
4th Dec 2001, 12:16 AM
Ok heres a theory..

Legend gets U2
DE makes Dark Sector

All of the sudden DE puts DS on ice and makes UC for Xbox(and later UT2 for PC?)

At the same time the first Unreal Warfare rumours surfaces.

So did Epic want DS so much that DE got both UC and UT2 as compensation?

Is DS UW?

Tetris L
4th Dec 2001, 12:48 AM
It's a plot!

@kuma
4th Dec 2001, 07:10 AM
If you want to play UC, buy an XBox :)

or wait a few months for it to be emulated

hal
4th Dec 2001, 08:38 AM
:lol:

@kuma, you always add maddening little hints. Should we read into what you said?

Syri
4th Dec 2001, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by Tetris L
It's a plot!

no... It's A Ploy!

The Dopefish
4th Dec 2001, 09:40 AM
Yeah, I was going to say, "This is no plot, this is a ploy!"

Luquado would be spooging his pants. ;)

Creole Ned
4th Dec 2001, 02:08 PM
I think Tetris is probably the closest here -- it's likely that it will just be a PC version of Unreal Championship, re-badged to take advantage of the widely known Unreal Tournament name. DE is a small company. It's hard to imagine they could be working on two Unreal projects at the same time.

Or it could all be a load of hooey. That particular gaming site is not exactly the most reliable source of info. :)

Danz
7th Dec 2001, 07:17 PM
Don't get your hopes up, it's got to be either Unreal Championship or Dark Sector which a journo heard his mate talking about down the pub and decided to make it a story.
I cannot see how they can make 3 games? (I think) at once.
Unreal Championship has been festering there for years.

NeoNite
7th Dec 2001, 07:52 PM
Dark sector.. yeah I remember reading about that game, august last year...
So.. is it still in development or....?

Assymilator
9th Dec 2001, 01:26 AM
there is like 4 Unreal games coming out (good thing). A UT2....now who DIDN"T see that happening? :D

IntRed
11th Dec 2001, 11:31 AM
i believe its confirmed now, saw this from an article about unreal tournament II

Single players can hire themselves in the league mode and up-improve their virtual point account, with which team companions are angeheuert. Each character is equipped with values such as precision, mobility and tactics, which have direct influence on its spielerisches being able. For further depth provide positioning instruction, points of rank list, vehicles and additional characters, which de-energise you by successful battles. The control that so far four vehicles reminds strongly of halo, whereby a player takes over the control and gives the remaining fire protection.

Like all of the other mini-previews we’ve seen, this one has a release date of third quarter 2002, we can only hope!

:eek:

NeoNite
11th Dec 2001, 12:17 PM
Ah well we'll see...

fragswill
11th Dec 2001, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by TTRStryker8
Single players can hire themselves in the league mode and up-improve their virtual point account, with which team companions are angeheuert. Each character is equipped with values such as precision, mobility and tactics, which have direct influence on its spielerisches being able. For further depth provide positioning instruction, points of rank list, vehicles and additional characters, which de-energise you by successful battles. The control that so far four vehicles reminds strongly of halo, whereby a player takes over the control and gives the remaining fire protection.

Babelfish?